Benefits of Large Felling Dogs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried the Pro Safety 5 points on my ported 390XP in our hardwoods and they were a waste of time. In thick bark I'm sure they have a place but they were that sharp that even in Pine they were pulling pieces of bark off and jamming in too tight in Eucalypt bark. More for looks in 90% of cases. I liked their extra reach though which came in handy on ugly shaped trunks but I found they actually lowered my efficiency when falling.

Big Dogs are good when you slip they jam into your leg really well, much better then the little girly ones.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Been bloodied a few times myself from a big dog puncture! ...you're right, much better than the little girly ones! :hmm3grin2orange:

for bark like this you would't use any thing else

attachment.php

I worked for the company who shipped all those redwood seedling to australia and new zealand

The Huskies seem to suffer from dog/ chain stopping problems. The 288 with factory wrap dogs worked good
when the great big aftermarket dog were put on they sucked. . The 394 was horrible until a friend made me a crescent moon dog that only stuck down about an inch from the bottom of the bar. Dogs need to stick out in front. Not down below by much
Stihl dogs seem to work well. But maybe they have a stronger clutch???

To snag my chaps and poke big holes in my legs. I pull the outer dog off of every saw I own. Now out west I can see the need for them. Around here not so much. CJ

Latest posts

Back