Best 50cc saw in the world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
041fboss

041fboss

ArboristSite Operative
man i dont see what the :censored: Is so hard to understand??

59 cc is closer to 60 than 50'

52 cc is closer to 50 than 60

we did this in school, but if you want to call a 59cc saw a 50cc class saw than thats fine with me, call it a 40 cc saw if ya want!

ill take you to school mofo

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I bought a 346xp (oe) from here. I opened it up and modded it. It bored me. I opened it up more, still bored. I did this four times, taking more and more out of the ports on this saw. It never did run like I thought it should.
I got pissed and drunk one night and tore down my 350. It cut circles around the 346. 346 is gone, 350 still runs like a champ!
Understand now?
(Sorry, my back has me all screwed up and I am killing on pain killers. It's nothing against anyone, I just hurt!)

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I would so love to get schooled!!!
It's funny, I had the 346 and 350 for a while, both about the same mods. About EVERYBODY that ran them chose the 350.
Put a 20" bar on anything you choose, then come run against the 046 I own.
School me tool.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
I bought a 346xp (oe) from here. I opened it up and modded it. It bored me. I opened it up more, still bored. I did this four times, taking more and more out of the ports on this saw. It never did run like I thought it should.
I got pissed and drunk one night and tore down my 350. It cut circles around the 346. 346 is gone, 350 still runs like a champ!
Understand now?
(Sorry, my back has me all screwed up and I am killing on pain killers. It's nothing against anyone, I just hurt!)

BTDT. The back thing. Sucks. Sucks big time. Spent years in back therapy myself.

I ran an old edition 346 and was not impressed. Sling'r modded a new edition 346 for BookerDog and it impressed the snot out of some really hard nosed grizzly torque monger logger types at the PNW GTG here last weekend. I was impressed most by their impression of that saw more than anything else there, really.

Last edited:
sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
BTDT. The back thing. Sucks. Sucks big time. Spent years in therapy myself.

I ran an old edition 346 and was not impressed. Sling'r modded a new edition 346 for BookerDog and it impressed the snot out of some really hard nosed grizzly torque monger logger types at the PNW GTG here last weekend. I was impressed most by their impression of that saw more than anything else there, really.

Yeah, the OE's had NO tourqe!! NONE!!!!

I am glad to hear you that exited about the ne's, gives me a bit more hope. I was thinking the 353's or a slim chance at a blown up 357 were my only chance at redemption!

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't care who you send that 260 to, it will always be a turd! I don't know what Stihls problem is, but they can't build a 50cc saw to save their butt!!
I'm a Stihl man, but it's true!! The 260 has been dead for a long time and the 270 was a joke before it started!! And yes, I HAVE run them.

blsnelling
No shirt? I forgot about the 346 limiter in the coil. Makes modding more spendy. The muffler I assumed, like any saw mod. :monkey:

Any other option on the 026 other than an 044 carb? Seems a bit of a steep step UP for the baby 50cc.

I was referring to those with a cat muffler requiring a whole new muffler. The 044 carb runs like a stock saw only way stronger and faster. Mine jumped from about 15,800 to 17,400 with about 175 PSI compression. The exhaust was not raised to get these RPMs.