Best Carburetor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RES

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Who makes the best carburetor (Walbro, Tillotsen, Bing, Zama)? Any opinions? I have a choice of several for my 038. Comparing the Tillotsen to the Bing, the Bing looks like better quality.

I've always had the same question as to whether there's a carb manufacturer that's consistently better then the others.

For your 038 beware of the Bing 48. If you ever need a rebuild kit they're incredibly expensive. (around $50 vs. <$10 from the other manufacturers).

Walbro, Tillotson and ZAMA are all fine on saws. I'm not a fan of ANY of the fixed H jet versions for any of the above...

Thanks for the advice. I see that Bing was not one to the choices. Is that because of the expensive rebuild/repair kit?

I think that Tillotson is probably the most versatile carb in that it is used more frequently when mix/matching with other saws, even saws with 25 years difference between them.
John

RES said:
Thanks for the advice. I see that Bing was not one to the choices. Is that because of the expensive rebuild/repair kit?

It's an "old-ball" - see very few of them. They do work well though... I'm 80% sure that you can get economical kits for these... they are just really expensive from Stihl.

Latest posts

Back