Best chipper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys... I am just pondering here, what would be the best chipper for me to buy if I had the money for it. Mostly what I do is removals. I also do pruning of larger trees where I have to remove branches that are in excess of 6 - 8" that go over buildings / lines / etc. I will be getting into some land clearing in the future as well as thinning. I think the big one by me is the Bandits. I know a guy with a model 17 Morbark though and the thing is a monster. I think the only other Morbark I have used is the model 2100D, I put that up against a model 200XP Bandit and the Morbark blew the Bandit out of the water. I have seen the Bandit Intimidator as well as the 280XP and they are both massive machines. I know several people with the 254XP and they are pretty nice. What do you guys think, and if you got any prices that would help too.

Re: Deja vu.

Originally posted by Treeman14
Haven't we been here before?:confused:

No kidding.

The kicker is the "If I had the money..."

Well then a big Morbark with either a winch or the grappel. tHe you can feed the stuff right into the hopper. Need a 10 cube truck though :D.

JP & Brett, I am just toying with ideas as to what I would do with money, if I had it to spend. Bein in college with time on my hands... I would like to get more into the tree care industry with time, I think I have a pretty good start on it as is, just wanna see how much more it is going to cost, and involve equipment wise.

Vuja de- the strange feeling that somehow, somewhere before, none of this ever happened. (George Carlin?)

Treeman, we just bought a new chipper when we started last year, we do basically the same type work as you. We got a Vermeer BC1230, it is a very economical bare bones chipper. The only trouble we have had is water in the fuel, and that is not the chippers falt. It takes 12" material and is auto feed, the only way to go. but on the other hand, when we trade we are planning on going to an 18" machine. Call your local salesman and see if he will demo different models for you, thats what we did.

Latest posts

Back