Best forks attachment for 4600 John deere

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone has any input on what is the best forks attachment for my JD 4600, I got a price of 950 for Bradco forks from my JD dealer. I was loading wood with a friends tractor and I was trying to get him to put the forks level so he would'nt spear the lawn and he said he could'nt because then he would'nt be able to see them, just trying to avoid a bad purchase if anyone has any thoughts or input it would be much appriciated. Gotta plant some trees next week and that will pay for them, plus it will be cool being able to move wood around by myself without having to get off and hook chains etc. Oh, its a 46 hp compact utility, 4 wheel. Thanks MDS.

i have the bradcos and they work fine when i use them,

which is rarely because of the grapple.the grapple is the way to go.

which is rarely because of the grapple.the grapple is the way to go.
Probably right, but still I think its gonna be real cool stuffing trees in that 250 when I get it, I can do it with the bucket but with the forks I think it'll be alot easier sinse I should be able to spear the crotches and stuff it right in. Cant wait, dont care if it puts me in the poorhouse for awhile, lol. Oh, I bought Bradco forks, they seem nice and got real good visability, heavy duty too.

Last edited:
there is no doubt about the forks.

they are usually light and allow you more lift capacity.they are great on the huge rounds.

only time i use the bucket on a tree job is to rake stump grindings in.99.9% of the time the grapple is on there.worked slick yesterday,i carried whole piles of brush from the back yard to the chipper in the street.would have sucked dragging by hand.both guys stood at the chipper and fed it.no back and forth.i didn't even tear up the yard.then i loaded all the logs in the dump and took them two streets over and dropped them off.i aso pushe a hemlock and a cherry over with it.

my buddy was quoted 1600 for the millonzi on his 4600.he is ordering it this week after using mine.i just hate to see you wait until the price of shipping increases or steel goes up again.

I can't speak for the brand you mentioned but as far as not being able to see your forks that is a curse of most ag tractors but a little arm from the frame of the fork to the top of the loader arm with your choice of marking, I would recomend electrical tape duct tape seems over kill worth it's weight in gold if you can't see the ends of forks.

Bucket is good for stump grindings and topsoiling, would'nt be without it, also on big jobs its awesome for rakings as I sit on the seat smoking a cig watching the boys rake em in, lol. When they show up that is.

Back