best log roller or log jack (logOx)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigeclipse

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My wife and I live on 120acres. In the past year we have lived here multiple trees have fallen down due to differing reasons (weather, snow, wind...etc). I have ruined a few chainsaw chains due to hitting the ground. After researching it would seam a log roller or log jack would be a nice tool for me to use. I have seen many....some with bad reviews others with great reviews, some as cheap as $40 dollars and others near 200$. What should I be looking at? I found something called a logOx which seams pretty cool as it has multiple uses. Thoughts on this one specifically as well? Thanks!

Stihl makes a nice log peavy.
The new ones have a bar perpindicular to to the spike and hook. Seems to work well so far.

Another vote for logrite. I've never tried the logox, but it does look cook, if a little gimmicky. The stihl ones are great too, but that's because they're made by logrite. :)

Also, logrite has great customer service. I have a few of their tools, a 30" cant hook, a 60" cant hook, and a few pickaroons, which are my favorite. I had a weld failure on one pickaroon. They asked for a picture of the failure and then sent me a new one that day.

I have a Woodchuck Dual. It's really good. Much better than the cant hook thing I got from Northern. The points on the pivoting arm are SHARP. And having two of them makes it easier to get a bite on a log. Sometimes one bites, sometimes the other. I've moved a lot of heavy Eucalyptus with it. It's 48" long. I would not want a shorter one.

For those in Australia, I use and recommend the peavys from sneddens fencing, a quick google will bring them up.
Have the 1.7m, and its a great all rounder, ok for smaller stuff, and when your moving larger, the longer handle is well worth it.
Made in Australia out of quality steel, have my eye on their axes too.
They also make one that has a frame on it so when you roll the log, it lifts it up off the ground for cutting out of the dirt, I just use bits of branches lined up and roll it onto that.

Cheers

I have the Woodchuck dual with the jack attachment. Very well built. I think the jack is about $20 extra. I also have a smaller Dixie cant hook. Also a well built piece. I'd recommend either but personally, I like the feel of the wood handle on the Dixie better. No experience with the Log Ox.
06a93468b232b6d76d874d0e51c8db2d.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back