Best made bars ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe thats all it was , I just figured it got really hot from normal use , thinking that the stock bar was a cheaper unit .

If it is NK, it is either a rebadged Oregon Micro-lite Pro, or an Original Husky - I have seen lots of them un US saws lately.....

Here's a couple of 24 inchers and a 32 incher.

So far, they seem to be doing fine.

The 32" and Pro Top bars have not cut much wood.

attachment.php

somebody needs to make a bar that stays painted...or make them out of stainless steel or something :) That would look sweet actually...

somebody needs to make a bar that stays painted...or make them out of stainless steel or something :) That would look sweet actually...

Stihl bars seem to keep the paint for the longest, and it wears slowly off in a logical pattern - doesn't flake off here and there like most (or maybe all?) other ones. :clap::clap:

I believe the GB ones is about the worst in that regard, but who really cares?

curious:

anyone run sugihara?

forester bars suck, right?

where does one aquire gb titanium bars?

:confused:
I have a few Sugi Hara bars, they're excellent quality. I prefer them over everything else. I do have a Carlton Premium Sprocket tip that is very nice too!
Neither the Carlton or the Sugi Hara are painted and they look very nice like that too!!

I have a few Sugi Hara bars, they're excellent quality. I prefer them over everything else. I do have a Carlton Premium Sprocket tip that is very nice too!
Neither the Carlton or the Sugi Hara are painted and they look very nice like that too!!

The latest Carlton dealer's catalogue I've got says their bars are made in Japan. I'm gonna have to buy a few as they look like they're excellent quality. Not a big range though. Max 36" in sprocket tip and 38" in hard nose. That would suit 98% of chainsaw owners though :)

The latest Carlton dealer's catalogue I've got says their bars are made in Japan. I'm gonna have to buy a few as they look like they're excellent quality. Not a big range though. Max 36" in sprocket tip and 38" in hard nose. That would suit 98% of chainsaw owners though :)

The one Carlton that I have is made in Germany.....

They are almost out of the Tsumura made Carlton bars, or at least Jak Max are.

I tried to get a 20" and 24" and only the 20" turned up as I specified Japanese Tsumura bars. The new ones coming through are made in Germany and the nose is a single rivet Oregon pattern as opposed to the Tsumura style ones. I have no idea who in Germany is making them.
I really want to get some more Tsumura ones which have the reputation of being excellent quality.

FWIW, Tsumura make the noses in different gauges to suit the chain too. The bars themselves are made from Japanese spec SKS-51 tool steel, a mid-high carbon chrome-nickel-moly alloy.

BTW, are GB actually still manufacturing and out of administration yet ?
I'm not surprised re the Carlton chain considering Blounts acquisition of Carlton last year and Jak Max also wholesaling Carlton chain in oz.

Bringing this one back from the dead. What is the opinion of the forum on the Windsor brand bars? Specifically for the large mount Jreds 2171 and 2186?

Bringing this one back from the dead. What is the opinion of the forum on the Windsor brand bars? Specifically for the large mount Jreds 2171 and 2186?

Have a Windsor sprocket nose that came with a 181, I got a while back.

Before I acquired it, there didn't seem to be any maintenance done.

Cleaned off the bur, squared up the rails, and it seems to be a decent bar.

Back