Best method to hide tree stumps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a small house for sale that is right on the Nehalem River, except it is also right on the highway. You could buy it and we could come and chain ourselves to the railing, unless it is flooding. ;)

PM Me the listing or info,,, Im looking for a cabin in tha brush!!!

WARNING: data-heavy

Begin Rant

(click on the "notes" tab to see my comments)

This is a presentation I'll be giving to the F&W folks in a few days. There's a lot more data and steps than I show there, but this explains the process and thinking without too much wandering off on tangents.

There is a small house for sale that is right on the Nehalem River, except it is also right on the highway. You could buy it and we could come and chain ourselves to the railing, unless it is flooding. ;)

Does it have trees on it? If so maybe I'll come on down, buy it clear it, hide the stumps and then sell it as waterfront property with excellent views, Hel I could even turn a profit.:rolleyes2:

Its that or dig up some crotchety old mans arm and hang it from the window with a finger in a permanent sign of defiance...

Does it have trees on it? If so maybe I'll come on down, buy it clear it, hide the stumps and then sell it as waterfront property with excellent views, Hel I could even turn a profit.:rolleyes2:

Its that or dig up some crotchety old mans arm and hang it from the window with a finger in a permanent sign of defiance...

I looked it up. It has no or nothing to clear. The deck is almost or is a dock, and it is 400 or 500 thousand...too rich for me and it fronts highway 101.

Now, last fall, that movie house was for sale. It is on the Siletz River by Lincoln City. You could float that river and do the arm thing, and return to the house.

Like the slideshow Nate! Looks good. I'm not too good with LIDAR but was able to follow along. What a PITA sale area by the looks, amount of wetlands I mean. If your interested I can PM a few spelling errors I found and I have one minor non scientific wording observation.

Again great job! :clap:

Wes

Oh yea and will require a report on how it goes! lol

Not too worried about spelling/grammar -- I just added those notes for this forum. I'll be doing the presentation off the top of my head. Was supposed to be this week, but got pushed off... next week is planting, and the week after is Variable Probability Sampling at OSU, so it'll be at least mid-April before I get to present. Probably no hurry anyway... with this Sequester/furlough/hiring freeze BS, we'll likely not get to hire a seasonal crew this year, and I already have two sales in front of this one to mark. Still, I'll keep you all posted on the latest in the ongoing "techs vs 'ologists" battle.

Ah ten4. My bad thought it was actual notes in the PPT. I hate missed spelling errors on my stuff lol

Yeah seen ya were't gonna get a summer crew. That is a big bummer, you don't get to use any percentage of sale revenue for things you need? Think we've just discussed the framework of your outfit for the most part.

"techs vs 'ologists" battle.

Nate there is your ticket outta here. No more chainsaws, no more flippy caps, no more H vs.S. Just design that video game. You know, the techs have GIS and flagging and satelites. The ologists have refelctive vests and spray paint, 4x4 trucks. They both have computers but any time they call up wikipedia they lose a lifeline. They both have special operations hippies and nuclear tipped attorneys. Come on man, you can do it.

you don't get to use any percentage of sale revenue for things you need?

It's complicated -- all installations pool resources. Some are revenue suppliers, some are just expenses. We're #1 or #2 supplier every year, so we are generally treated pretty well, but this current mess is quite deliberately not distinguishing between appropriated and reimbursable funds. We all get cut the same. It doesn't matter to the pencil-pushers upstairs that we're already not costing them anything.

Come on man, you can do it.

WHAT? And miss out on all this?

Back