best ms 250 carb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That grommet for the walbro carb is part number 1123 123 7500 according to DIY spare parts. Should look something like this. I just replaced a wt-215 on an 025 with one from farmertec, working ok so far. I did have to turn down the diameter of the idle screw head, it was too fat to fit in the grommet. About 1-1/4 turns out for both h/l. Came with over 2 out of the box, crazy rich.

s-l960.jpg

That grommet for the walbro carb is part number 1123 123 7500 according to DIY spare parts. Should look something like this. I just replaced a wt-215 on an 025 with one from farmertec, working ok so far. I did have to turn down the diameter of the idle screw head, it was too fat to fit in the grommet. About 1-1/4 turns out for both h/l. Came with over 2 out of the box, crazy rich.

View attachment 1145725
Thanks for that part number and that tuning tip.

View attachment 1145725
I don't think that this is the correct grommet for the 250 as it doesn't have the holder in it for the new style tank vent. This looks to be for the 025 with the grub screw hose vent.

I THINK that you want part #13 below. I think that the screws are next to each other on the Walbro.

Attachments

• 250 carb grommet.JPG
    250 carb grommet.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 0

View attachment 1145725

We stock the carbs that work with those as well as the 0603 where the low and high needles are further apart and the grommet holds the tank vent as well.
I replace it with whatever was on it. Both of those are fully adjustable. So, I'm not sure why one would be better than the other.
The majority lately have no high adjustment at all, just a reverse thread to increase the idle speed.
Not crazy about those, but they work OK until the jet stops up.
Which it will, if you only use them periodically.

Stevesr you're right, the 7503 grommet would fit the ms250 with the remote tank vent. I had forgotten about the vent change up on the ms250 vs 025. It would just flop around inside the air filter housing without the cup part.

I got my carb yesterday and put it on. Set the adjustment at stock and after a couple of pulls it fired right up and did some fine tuning on it after it warmed up. Still have to tune it in the wood but all good so far. I Haven't really done any muffler mods to it. I did pull the clogged spark arrestor out a couple of years ago.

Back