Best place to buy a China 260 clone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Well I have never bought a Chinese saw but I am considering it. I have no idea what bands are out there or where to buy one. I want to try a Stihl 260 clone and see how long it will last. What brands are out there.

Well I have never bought a Chinese saw but I am considering it. I have no idea what bands are out there or where to buy one. I want to try a Stihl 260 clone and see how long it will last. What brands are out there.

I'll sell you mine. It has the Bullet Club Port treatment by yours truly.

Don't get it, you won't be able to read the owners manual and you could hurt someone.

At your age it's best to hire a professional.

Don't get it, you won't be able to read the owners manual and you could hurt someone.

At your age it's best to hire a professional.
Hey, Hey ole GenXer you ain't no spring chicken yourself..........well maybe you are if you were born in "79" :)

You are right though I could not read the owners manual. Over the years I have had some great guys in Europe email me saw parts manuals I needed. I was appreciative and they were helpful but hard to read in German

I wanted to order a Russian mail order bride once, but couldn't understand the instructions either.
When I was fresh out of college and just got my first Agriculture teaching job there was a Science teacher that thought he was funny. Ole Pat Murphy, he had a snake in his room and when he found out I was scared of them he seized the opportunity. One Monday he told me it had escaped over the weekend (I think he took it home with him). Well then he kept hiding rubber snakes in my desk drawers, shop cabinets, etc. Once that fun was over he moved on to the Russian mail order bride stuff. This was pre-internet. He started signing me up all these mail order bride places and had all the info mailed to the school. The staff got a good chuckle out of it, actually I did to. My fiance did not. Good Times....

Not that you need to be told, but a general reminder to all: If buying from someone online, require Paypal goods and services. No cash app, no Paypal F&F, venmo, etc. If the seller won't pay the fee or add it to the price, walk away.

I foolishly lost way too much money spring 2023 buying saws from a scammer named Jon Majorpix. He was convincing and the price was reasonable, not like questionably low. I paid via cash app. He sighted family issues, then shipping issues, then ghosted me.

Holzfforma, Farmertec, and Huztl. These brands have a decent reputation for Chinese budget alternatives.

Latest posts

Back