Best place to buy a China 260 clone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son has been buying and buildingthe Neotec brand saws and they have run really well for us aside from the 660 models had bad starter pawls. The newer versions seem to be fine. He buys direct from the Neotec USA website. Excellent customer service when we asked for replacement starters and had the opportunity to work with them about a few changes and problems as we saw them with the spring clips. We understand the Neotec to be a split off of the farmertec brand focusing on better consistent quality. It was cool to see the product actually change with my sons input.
They are easy to build actually. Here is my son having a friend over that has never turned wrenches to build a new saw for himself. They are doing two 372xp clones here. Also his twin head 660 powered mill.

Attachments

• 20231210_163157.jpg
    20231210_163157.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230106_112209.jpg
    20230106_112209.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
You’re going to need a real chainsaw after the ChiComs destroy our power grid and we’re forced to scrounge for energy. You’ll need a saw that won’t crap out in a week. Wasted money. I really don’t see why you’d want to support that country, our enemy. They rip off Stihl’s intellectual property by copying their design and selling it cheaper. Try to free yourself from that; spend the money where it is deserved, on a real Stihl or Husky and reward them for their hard work, and not some bums.

You’re going to need a real chainsaw after the ChiComs destroy our power grid and we’re forced to scrounge for energy. You’ll need a saw that won’t crap out in a week. Wasted money. I really don’t see why you’d want to support that country, our enemy. They rip off Stihl’s intellectual property by copying their design and selling it cheaper. Try to free yourself from that; spend the money where it is deserved, on a real Stihl or Husky and reward them for their hard work, and not some bums.
Yes, by all means, support the greedy corporat board members who have been outsourcing all of our manufacturing jobs for the past 50 years. That's a much better idea because they will do a much better job of spending that extra $300 than you could ever do.

P.S. If you're worried about the power grid collapsing, you better learn to swing an axe.

Yeah, Fields
Tell me about the clean-cut, we’ll dressed, young military aged Chinese males carrying new cell phones, some from prominent families in China, flooding across our southern border thanks to FJB. They’re here for a vacation, right? You’ll see what they’re here to do real quick when the S@!& hits the fan in a few years with Mao. Absolutely,
$300 is just too much extra for a real chainsaw. You’ll be proud of the money you saved and what you helped fund. $300? Is that a lot of money to you?

Well I have well over 700 saws now with more coming. Somehow I think I might have a "real saw" but thanks for your insight. :omg:

Well I have never bought a Chinese saw but I am considering it. I have no idea what bands are out there or where to buy one. I want to try a Stihl 260 clone and see how long it will last. What brands are out there.
I have 2 G660($750 for both) I bought from a Holtz dealer near me (4hrs southeast) that makes sure that the bolts are all torqued down, and it starts. I have had it on my Logosol mill for 3.5yrs with no issues. I would google Holzfforma dealers near me and buy from them. I know you can work on your own saws, but the dealer claims (and I believe it) that they go thru everything on the saw before shipping it. Now I did get a break handle that was broke in shipping, emailed them and they shipped out a new one free. I hear all the time that people buy from the Holz web site, and it takes them months to get a response is why I would recommend a dealer.

Yeah, Fields
Tell me about the clean-cut, we’ll dressed, young military aged Chinese males carrying new cell phones, some from prominent families in China, flooding across our southern border thanks to FJB. They’re here for a vacation, right? You’ll see what they’re here to do real quick when the S@!& hits the fan in a few years with Mao. Absolutely,
$300 is just too much extra for a real chainsaw. You’ll be proud of the money you saved and what you helped fund. $300? Is that a lot of money to you?
No argument that our boarders are a joke, and no argument about the danger that imposes. Blaming the moron in charges isn't going to fix anything. Need to think about the people who elected him, and consider exactly why they voted that way. If you just want to call them names, you might as well just put on a tinfoil hat and move to Wyoming. Nothing against Wyoming, I love it there, but that will be the last place anyone tries to "take over".

My wife and I both earn six figures, and yes, $300 is still a lot of money to me, especially when its for something I want and not something I need.

Back