Best saw build under $1000 for firewood cutting saw enthusiast?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK back to business I think I'm gonna scratch the Echo CS800P off the list, The saw looks like it would be a nice production saw if you are milling, or running for hours, just by listening to it on youtube it sounds detuned to for longetivity.

Still leaning towards a Makita 6400, finally found some at a HD (they have four) but they are about 5 hours away and won't ship or transfer to a closer store.

Trying to warm up to the Husqavana's, gotta see a 372XP in action today by a pro, he let me pick it up to feel balance:), seemed like a nice saw.

I come from a no replacement for displacement school but was surprised at what the 372 was doing.

my dream team: mac 1010, pro mac 1010s, mac 710, mac 610, pro mac 800, pro mac 850, sp 81, sp 125c

So, for firewooding- do you tie all those old lemons together with a stout cord and use them as a deadman anchor for bad leaners that you cut down with a real saw? :laughing:

OK back to business I think I'm gonna scratch the Echo CS800P off the list, The saw looks like it would be a nice production saw if you are milling, or running for hours, just by listening to it on youtube it sounds detuned to for longetivity.

Still leaning towards a Makita 6400, finally found some at a HD (they have four) but they are about 5 hours away and won't ship or transfer to a closer store.

Trying to warm up to the Husqavana's, gotta see a 372XP in action today by a pro, he let me pick it up to feel balance:), seemed like a nice saw.

I come from a no replacement for displacement school but was surprised at what the 372 was doing.

372's are pretty much the benchmark by which all other saws are judged. Pick up a nice used and and try it out. If it's not what you want, they're easy to resell.

Latest posts

Back