best saw for climbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there another clinbing saw other than the 200T? Lol, thats sure my choice.

I have to take back some of my previous statements of how bad the 201t was gonna be. it is no where near as bad as the 362's i got. it does start and have decent power. I've been using the 201 for almost a month now and can't really complain to much about it, other than why on earth would they change the size of the nut that holds the clutch cover on? i liked the old universal method better.

and a tank of gas in it goes a long way i can usually do a pretty good size tree on one tank.

Mine goes in every tree.

I use a Sugoi most of the time. I also like a Zubat if there are not going to be larger branches.

Chainsaw goes up less than half of the time - I like my 338XPT, but am not going try to start an arguement as I don't claim that it is better than a 200T. I like the balance better (even though it is less power), but it is what I am used to...I know most 200T users say the balance of that is better but that probably because that is what they are used to.

Mine goes in every tree.

I use a Sugoi most of the time. I also like a Zubat if there are not going to be larger branches.

Chainsaw goes up less than half of the time - I like my 338XPT, but am not going try to start an arguement as I don't claim that it is better than a 200T. I like the balance better (even though it is less power), but it is what I am used to...I know most 200T users say the balance of that is better but that probably because that is what they are used to.

I used to have a JRed 2139T and it seemed nose heavy to me maybe because the gas and oil are both in the front??? Also punch a hole in that muffler and turn it a bit richer and that 338xpt will run right next to a 200t.

My Choice - Stihl MS201T.:msp_thumbup:
Solved the bubble problem in predecessor 200T; Less fragile bar-muffler cover
Give me large nut back!!! :givebeer:

Worth every penny you spend. :msp_thumbsup:

I have a husky 338xpt and a stihl 201t, I like em both I think the husky feels more comfy to run and its cheaper. It depends on personal preference. I use the husky most the time and save the stihl for back up.

My loalty is with echo I've had nothing but good luck with the 271,280,or the330

020T or MS 200

Whats the best saw to take up in a tree with you
No power saw is good to have with you in the tree.Dangerous! But Stihl top handle MS 200T is by far the best. Just run good gas and mind ur spark plugs and filters. Will cut Big limbs with great efficiency. Also watch 4 kick back!

So do you guys think the 201 is as good as the 200t?... Better?... Am looking at getting one soon, a lightly used 200 is more than a brand new 201, at least what I've seen.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back