best splitter for under 2 G's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodhaine1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the best overall splitter to buy for under 2G's. Trying to boost production on a small firewood side business. Any help would be great.

I don't know about the best, But the one in my sig works fine for me. Huskee 35 ton. I really don't know how it would hold up working it several hours a day every day. I think everything would hold up except maybe the engine, and it would take a lot to wear it out.

Thanks, I really like the Huskee 35 ton, but the only place that I can find one is at tractor supply and as far as I know, there aren't any in Washington state and they only sell them in store. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on one, I would appreciate it.

Hi:
The Huskee splitters are made for Tractor Supply by Speeco out in Colorado. Do a search for Speeco and you can see their splitters on their web page.

huskee

It might not be the best, but for 1700.00 it certainly works. I also have the 35ton unit and it splits whatever I throw at it.....

Can anyone tell me the best overall splitter to buy for under 2G's. Trying to boost production on a small firewood side business. Any help would be great.

Remember that if you're doing it for a firewood business, you want too handle the wood as little as possible. Try to get at least 4 way wedge to quarter rounds in one go, and think about a conveyor, and a small dump truck. This would be the absolute minimum one would need IMO.

you may or may not have a tractor with remote hydraulics,but I have a Kubota MX 5000 and a Bush Hog 3 point splitter,I think its rated at about 18 ton,just depends on the tractor hydraulics.Kinda unhandy to get from job to job,but I use my tractor to drag logs to my truck so the splitter is right there.A good 3pt splitter can be bought for about $700-800,so thats a big plus to.So far it has split some pretty mean knots,even beech,only had to use the saw to split very few blocks.

Latest posts

Back