best splitter for under 2 G's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodhaine1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this site, but it seems to be full of professionals who know what they are talking about. Can anyone tell me the best splitter for under 2 g's? I was looking at the Huskee 35 ton, but don't have a Tractor supply in Washington state. Any advice?

huskee 35ton and northern 34 ton are the two best buys in that price range. both have excellent feedback.

what decides it is shipping... add another $350 or so for shipping.
also factor in costs of hydraulic oil/engine oil for northern splitters. price doesn't include oils. vs huskee/speeco comes ready to run.

got mine for $1600 ready to run. did have to drive 75 miles to pick up. that was better than the 2200 w/shipping for northern unit. so it really depends upon shipping

Hi, I'm new to this site, but it seems to be full of professionals who know what they are talking about. Can anyone tell me the best splitter for under 2 g's? I was looking at the Huskee 35 ton, but don't have a Tractor supply in Washington state. Any advice?

I bought an Iron and Oak from a company that provides free shipping and even the list price was $ 400 less than buying it from Iron & Oak. Here is the link for a 26 ton unit and it is just a bit more than $ 2,000 with the Briggs. Unfortunately if you add the log cradle and dislodger you will be over about $ 200 more. Perhaps the 20 ton unit could keep you under $ 2,000. You can also check out the Brave - which is made by the same company but a bit cheaper than the Iron & Oak. I don't know where to buy the Brave unit as the company I bought them from does not carry them. http://www.constructioncomplete.com/HorizontalVerticalLogSplitters/IronOakBHVH2602STDBriggs.html

The free shipping applies only if sent to a business and that usually means a loading dock as it weighs about 700 pounds in the crate. We had it shipped to our office and slid the crate from the semi into the back of a tall 4 wheel drive pickup, then from the pickup into the back of my shorter S10. I opened the crate in the back of my truck and then unloaded the pieces using my tractor. I love my Iron & Oak.

Last edited:
Get the Huskee. Even if you got to rent a trailer to pick one up in another state.

Are Tractor supply in Portland???
Those splitters are $1000 cheaper than ones in Canada, am going to check with our border people to see what duties are.
You could not even begin to build one here for that.:confused:

if you do... be sure to stop at a friends and split a cord of wood.

bring back a used machine... customs folks can't argue with value of a used splitter vs new...

Are Tractor supply in Portland???
Those splitters are $1000 cheaper than ones in Canada, am going to check with our border people to see what duties are.
You could not even begin to build one here for that.:confused:

Latest posts

Back