Best starting saw of all time?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So especially amongst the older crowd with bad shoulders and such, I get a lot of questions from chainsaw shoppers on which saw starts the best. I generally sway them in the direction of Echo's 450p if it fits what they will be using it for. They are an almost guarantee 2-3 pulls cold and 1 pull warm. So of current and non current models what's your guys' opinion on the best starting saw of all time? I'm not talking just by brand. Looking for specific make and model. Let's hear it!

My Husq 460 will fire almost always on the first pull, after 3 or 4 primes. My Mac 10-10A will fire first pull almost every time.

For me it WAS the Dolmar/Makita with "i" injection. One pull hot or cold,
when they are right they are the easiest starting saw i have ever had in my hands...second place belongs to the 041 for me....if you can catch the choke fast enough they are running on the first pull too.

I used my new (to me) Dolmar 5105 w/easy start all weekend. It usually ran on two pulls cold, and one warm all weekend. Yesterday was really cold and it took three pulls cold. I fell in love with that little saw this weekend.

Don't forget the crazy pull start that Stihl has on the 250's, and probably others. First time I pulled on one of those I thought it was broken.

Latest posts

Back