Beware Husqvarna 350 cylinder kit from CustomChainsawParts on eBay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyPete

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I purchased this kit to throw in a buddy's 350.

When I received it, the port castings were rough so I cleaned them up a little with a dremel.

Assembled as normal, no run, <90psi compression. Passed vacuum test. Took it apart. Removed base gasket and measured squish @ .032 - reassembled anyways, compression barely hits 95psi.

Contacted seller, stated my problem and everything I did to it. They said since I smoothed over the port imperfections I ruined it and it is not returnable. They escalated it for eBay review.

So buyer beware. Don't admit to doing anything. Just say its junk and you want to return it.

As you can see, other than some transfer from the ring there is nothing wrong with the cylinder (other than squish area being too large). I also included a pic of the solder I used to initially measure squish. It did not even touch the top of the cylinder with everything torqued to spec and no base gasket

20170223_122720.jpg 20170223_122737.jpg 20170223_123303.jpg .

I wasn't out here to smear, just saying buyer beware.

I should have made them replace it when it showed up with casting flaws, that was my fault.

It does not look like your solder is at the outer edges of the bore/squish band, so if you got 0.032" there it may be less at the outside. I have a saw with 0.032" squish that runs great - depends on how large the combustion chamber is but that looks pretty small. The cylinder looks OK, so I suspect the problem is something else.

looks chrome lined to me. if it is i wouldn't run an F cast caber in that cylinder. be sure to get a softer ring like the hyway split groove rings for example. they work good as any and break in fast but don't last as long. much better for that delicate chrome.

You can shave the lower part of the assemby to change the squish. Check Mattyo's clips on the H 350.

Back