bidding and competing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spreaderman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I heard of a local job here this week, both companies licensed an bonded ect... one bid 2500.00 on it the other 1200.00 ... the 1200.00 bid is the better company by far and did the job in one day (8)hours very good job etc ,I'm asking why the big difference has any one checked on a job that they did not get to check the competing prices ....thanks for any input

The one company could have had more work on its hands and Bid it at the larger amount to beable to get it into there schedule. ect.:blob2:

So often bids are so subjective.-One guy sees this and this and this whch is going to take X hours q degree of difficulty, another looks at it and says" this and that and a little there Y hours -a piece of cake." I bid against the same people and there is no telling where the prices will be. Often when I'm low bidder I wish I'd bid higher but it gets weird. I pruned an ash a month ago. I charged $65 and wished I had bid it at $85 (forgot to figure the distance I had to drag the brush). When I bid it the lady broke into tears and started thanking me! Somebody else had bid it at $300. I did it alone in just a little over an hour. Go figure!?! (
I missed a big job last year-supposedly the next guy was exactly half!I thought I was bidding as low as I dared ( it was a slack time between Thanksgiving and X-mas.)

I try not to bid" against " anyone- just try to come up with a fair price.

Back