Bidding Price Help :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craftybigdog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys if you could take alook at the pic of this tree the homeowner wants me to take down. I live in Delaware and I just dont want to under bid it. I feel we have so much of that going on already. Im gonna climb it and take it down from the top piece by piece. He wants the limbs removed and the tree cut up into 16" sections and stacked at the rear of the property. I feel $1250.00 is a fair price Im not gonna touch the stump. Thank you so much. Sorry as you can see its the real tall one leaning towards the front of the house.

Hey guys if you could take alook at the pic of this tree the homeowner wants me to take down. I live in Delaware and I just dont want to under bid it. I feel we have so much of that going on already. Im gonna climb it and take it down from the top piece by piece. He wants the limbs removed and the tree cut up into 16" sections and stacked at the rear of the property. I feel $1250.00 is a fair price Im not gonna touch the stump. Thank you so much. Sorry as you can see its the real tall one leaning towards the front of the house.

Looks like it will come down fast not many big limbs on it. How long to get it on the ground 2-3 hours?
249505d1345561638-image-jpg

I would pull up with the bucket, just leaving the stump i would charge $500-$600 and be in and out in a hour.

He wants the limbs removed and the tree cut up into 16" sections and stacked at the rear of the property.

Price seems inline with exception to this part. Is this really something $65/hour employees should be doing? :msp_confused:

I'd take it down for $700 but honestly if I had to hump the wood 50ft around the back and stack it I might end up closer to your estimate, that could turn into a real time killer if it can't be moved by truck.

Humping the wood, hrm. Not my first choice of words but I guess I would charge a bit more for that. It'd be great to be able to fell the post in the direction you'd be heading. Save some minutes.

cant tell whats what because of the trees behind it but it looks like to me 3 cuts top is out if I want to do it the lazy way then 3 cuts on the trunk flop the rest bing bang boom If I leave the wood that is easy as hell, hardly any brush, even brush loading a pickup with that would be easy leaving the wood I'd be at 6-700 if I had other work very near by and this would fill the remaining day I might knock a bit off the price if the guy is on the edge. I pay my guys a day rate up to 8 hrs, not hourly so if I can squeeze this in its pure profit other then fuel. taking the wood I'd say maybe 8-850 I use it for firewood and I would probably still make it in one trip 1250 seems way to much

Agreed with other posts, mabey 700 to 800 would be fair with cutting and stacking it for them....you chipping branches?? or leaving them?

Ill be moving the limbs around back. So I will lean more towards $700. Plus 25ft. on the other side of that tree is another tree same height but its dead as a door nail. So there is a total of 3 trees close to the house like this. Then 3 more out back I wont have to climb and take Ill be able to just fell them. So they will be pretty easy. Just alot of cutting and stacking real time consuming work but thats no big deal. Ill just put the guys on it.
I just want to say thank you so much for your replies guys, its been a great help.

I was looking at it as per tree. So the 3 that are close to the house and have to be taken down from the top.
$700.00 per tree so $2100.00
Then the other 3 around back that I can just drop $300.00 per tree so $900.00
So total $3000.00
Sound good guys I have to stack it around back so Ill use my skidsteer with grapple bucket it makes it so much easier.

Let me know your thoughts guys. Thank you for the help

Back