Big Bore kits for the old 090 Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you need a big bore kit McBob?

I mean, seriously, you already are a big bore, all talk and no action.....

All show and no go.... Bit like a VC Commodore with fats and a star fire engine with rusty exhaust.

Well the bore and stoke of a standard 090 is 40 x 66mm so what do we need to get 10 or so cubes 40x ? ... 68 or 70mm

keep looking ,someone will tell you,,,, then you can tell everyone else.

Why do you need a big bore kit McBob?

I mean, seriously, you already are a big bore, all talk and no action.....

All show and no go.... Bit like a VC Commodore with fats and a star fire engine with rusty exhaust.

I can bet your not the only one thinking that mate.

Last edited:
Gee Neil talk about defeatist, man cheer up after all your the inspiration i follow if only i was a bit shorter ............. i suppose i can always dream

Good morning mc-robert, im happy its sunday morning, just daylight and i'm going to work shortly.
Looks like another early start in the office for the mcbobster, you super star you. What will you come up with or argue about today.

have you run up those 70's yet, they may go good enough as is mate, given the fact you done them up, i mean screwing the gigsaw puzzles together and such.

Last edited:
Good morning mc-robert, im happy its sunday morning, just daylight and i'm going to work shortly.
Looks like another early start in the office for the mcbobster, you super star you. What will you come up with or argue about today.

have you run up those 70's yet, they may go good enough as is mate, given the fact you done them up, i mean screwing the gigsaw puzzles together and such.

Well i'm well practiced on changing spark plugs hope that counts Neil or am i a few behind you Neil

Ahhh! McBoob starts another thread... Yawn. It'll never run. That's the thing with shelf queens. The only thing that runs is the owner's mouth. That's the way of Chinese shelf queen racers.

Let's rate the thread! Terrible. Big Bore.. Yep I'm bored.

Ahhh! McBoob starts another thread... Yawn. It'll never run. That's the thing with shelf queens. The only thing that runs is the owner's mouth. That's the way of Chinese shelf queen racers.

Must be talking of yourself ol mate we like entertainment

Question time gentlemen,,,, as this thread is done

1... is there a need or desire to reproduce this rare stihl piston and cylinder assembly????

2... If there was such interest, who would copy it and for what purpose would it be done for ????

3... How would a collector see or value a 090 with these copied parts or would the collector say nothing and pass it on as original in exceptionaly good condition ????

answer anytime gentlemen

Last edited:
I fall in the middle a bit but tend to lean to the don't do it. The ten cuber has some mystique and clouded in mystery which gives to its legendary status, but it was overpowered for its limitations, best kepted as a collectors piece that collectors desire instead of a chinese debarcle.

What would an original ten cube go for these days if one did come up for sale/auction?

hooroo

Will

Why in the hell would anybody want a BB kit for the biggest slug on earth? So it can pull a 14' bar buried at 1200rpm?

I fall in the middle a bit but tend to lean to the don't do it. The ten cuber has some mystique and clouded in mystery which gives to its legendary status, but it was overpowered for its limitations, best kepted as a collectors piece that collectors desire instead of a chinese debarcle.

What would an original ten cube go for these days if one did come up for sale/auction?

hooroo

Will

exactly Will, they should be left alone for the seriouse collector who knows their true value.
If it wasn't for the internett, how many would even know such a thing even exists.

But someone may just have different ideas who havn't added anything as yet

Latest posts

Back