• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Big cube saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Gettin into milling some large slabs over 36" wide, in need of a big cube saw to put on a 56" granberg, when it gets to be too much for the cs800p.

Looking for a builder i guess bc money is a issue, got some saws to peddle myself to fund this project. Kinda thinking along the lines of a ms660 or 395xp or the likes there of.

Anybody got something awesome they want me to have? Lol

Heres a question for yall, i have a 056 super right now i intended for the mill, would a 660 or 395 be that much better than what i have? Worth changing my plans for?

An 056 Super would do a good job on a mill, in wood up to about 32"-34". Heat is the big issue when milling- you need a saw that can dissipate a lot of heat, especially on extended cuts. A 394/395 is a good milling platform, as that chassis can take a lot of abuse. I would recommend a larger saw if you're regularly milling stuff over 44" though.

Here is the 395 I got. It starts and runs just fine but I noticed the top cover screws by the carb are in need of repair. They have screws in them now but there not holding. Also the case is cracked out around the inner feeling spike upper mounting hole. Look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1400.JPG
    IMG_1400.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Ok so i think ive narrowed it down to selling off about half my collection and buyong a husky 3120 brand new so i know ill have enough saw for a lifetime of milling.

I appriciate everybody who offered me some really good deals on some nice saws. But this time im gonna go for broke.

Back