Big egos and small minds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AA, u really are a trip. You have a come back for everything. I will say one postive thing for you....you DEF are thick skinned.

Brains you are born with ~ Wisdom comes with experience ...

and how does one cope being in that prediciment so often? Does it go right back to childhood or did you just get smarter with age?

I am personally still waiting/hoping for it to happen, just once would be nice, but dont hold out an aweful lot of hope to be honest. Thanks in advance

Your native intelegence is something you are born with. You don't get any smarter as you go through life, but you do gain experience, and with that, hopefully comes wisdom. I was a problem child in my early schooling and that led to a battery of tests including the Stanford Binet IQ test, where I tested well into the "genius" level. The problem was that the standard curriculum in public school bored me and to relieve the boredom I became the class clown.

Ultimately I was packed off to boarding school, a military academy in Tennessee where I was forced to deal with military "intelligence" which is a totally different topic than the one addressed here. The experience there did give me some insight into the workings of bureaucratic systems and was a great help to me later in life.

This tree work gig is just the latest and possibly last challenge I've tackled. I think I'm doing pretty well and i find it interesting and exciting. I make mistakes as you have all seen, The bottom line is that my customers are universally thrilled with my work as my A-List reviews and ratings prove.

What you guys think of me is not relevant in my life, but what my customers think is critical to my success in this business. It's the same for all of you. It's the paying customers that count in this business, or any business.

Not really that thick skinned ...

AA, u really are a trip. You have a come back for everything. I will say one postive thing for you....you DEF are thick skinned.

Actually I am trying to be more polite here after the bare knuckled brawls I was drawn into at the beginning. That type of discourse is not productive and i will avoid descending into that childish kintergarden cat calling so many of you seem to like.

Having a snappy come back for "everything" is a useful tool at times. I was stopped by a State Trooper lately while pulling my aluminum trailer light. My hitch set-up for my wife's Colorado was not finalized and the Class 2 bumper hitch (now replaced with a Class 3) had the back wheels of the trailer off the ground. The Trooper pulled me over and said he didn't think that was legal.

Entirely winging it, I said that the trailer was designed to ride level with all four wheels on the ground when loaded. When empty the rear axle was a "Tag Axle" and misdirected him by telling him it was like the Tri-axle dump trucks he had seen with the leading wheels sometimes a foot off the ground. He was skeptical about that, but finally I upped the ante by telling him if he had a violation code for that to just write me a ticket and call it a day.

In the end he let me go on my way without a ticket. I didn't dazzle him with brilliance, but I did manage to baffle him with bullscat. The tag axle thing was the snappy come back.

For lack of a horse, the battle was lost ...

AA- if you take your saddle off and put on a pair of chaps, you might avoid situations like that.

Yes, and if I was on a horse it would have missed me too. I was wearing my harness because I was about to climb the tree. It was being removed.

i have L-earend , that even in the equal and opposite wierlds of Mars and Venus;
that mens stand around and 'bust balls' of other guys and don't really mean it;
jest as much as the wimmens compliment others of their kind and don't really mean it...

So i see sometimes comradre and challenge in these things spoken of that could turn out positive (except of curse the short jokes). These things can make work lighter and day easier(opposite of what is seen here?); also 1 upmanship can be great men-tall exercise of speed, agility and resourcefulness IMLHO.
But, just as simply taught by Goldilocks principal, anything can be too little, too much or just right; so obviously here we are not in the balance of just right.

Also, there is more audience than players on this stage here. Some audience are un-announced due to work affiliation etc. (some that lead and service our industry) that stand back and know who is who, and how they play their hand here; that you might even meet someday at some arborist class or other gathering (and they be stand offish, not want to deal with you etc.).

Perhaps even hear, these things spoken of have happened before; and the stage stayed, but most of the faces changed. Would that be a history to repeat or learn from?

Last edited:
Its a sad thing, watching people lie.

Ya have to consider the source when reading post's. Some lie to be loved, some lie to understand, most lie because they are really saddened with their own meager existence. When it is all said and done. We all know, who is really who. Some lie's are too dis-honorable to ever fix. Once ya say it, ya cant take it back. As this goes on and on. The lies get tripped up by more lies. Pretty soon, they cant remember what they said to who or when. This is a sad downward spiral for those who loose their honor. Constantly telling more, bigger lie's to get others to forget the ones before. Eventually they hit bottom and realize no one is their to help them.
Bridges that get burnt, can be rebuilt. Only when that individual comes clean on all and finally admits to themselves, as they look in the mirror, what they, themselves, really are.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the people who run their mouth the most are the ones that need to shut up the most. I mean come on really people dont care about your physco babble BS. If they are here to learn like they say they are then learn with your ears not your mouth. It would really make this a nicer place to be, just because your life sux doesn't mean you have to drag people into your miserable frame of mind. :bang:

AA i think your alright but the BS is just too much, for your own sake and the sake of others on here just try to sit back and take it all in. Try to keep the BS to a minimum and guanteed the real treeguys will come out of the woodwork and teach you something. Otherwise this forum will get worse and worse in which we will have to change the name of the forum to "sissy boo nah nah" instead of the arboristsite

We certainly went around about the USMC thing ...

But seriously sgreenbeans, all your "research" only proved I was telling the truth about my short stint in the Corps. You have attributed it to a failure to pass muster at OCS Camp Upsure but that is only your speculation. The truth is far more involved than that, and I stand with honor behind all I posted in that now deleted thread.

Far away from what we should be discussing here, but enlightening none the less. At least i hope you have come away with the fact that I have a great respect for the Corps and all who have served. My father was also a Marine and my entry there was a family tradition. That I had an extremely short stay there is really beside the point.

PM me if you still have problems with my claim to being in the Corps, this is not really the venue for any further comments on it.

Ya have to consider the source when reading post's. Some lie to be loved, some lie to understand, most lie because they are really saddened with their own meager existence. When it is all said and done. We all know, who is really who. Some lie's are too dis-honorable to ever fix. Once ya say it, ya cant take it back. As this goes on and on. The lies get tripped up by more lies. Pretty soon, they cant remember what they said to who or when. This is a sad downward spiral for those who loose their honor. Constantly telling more, bigger lie's to get others to forget the ones before. Eventually they hit bottom and realize no one is their to help them.
Bridges that get burnt, can be rebuilt. Only when that individual comes clean on all and finally admits to themselves, as they look in the mirror, what they, themselves, really are.

I find it best to ignore those types , although it funny to occasionally tear a new hole on there ### generally I try to avoid that nonsense we all see it and its not just a single "topic" that has me calling BS ...

I make mistakes as you have all seen, The bottom line is that my customers are universally thrilled with my work as my A-List reviews and ratings prove.

Pardon me but I actually have no idea who you are, the mistakes you refer to or anything else....visits to AS are sporadic for me, unfortunately....being the dumbest guy in most groups means I otherwise spend lots of time constantly trying to catch-up. I could probably learn a lot from someone like you, are you hiring at all?

I'm always looking for a few good men ...

Pardon me but I actually have no idea who you are, the mistakes you refer to or anything else....visits to AS are sporadic for me, unfortunately....being the dumbest guy in most groups means I otherwise spend lots of time constantly trying to catch-up. I could probably learn a lot from someone like you, are you hiring at all?

BC is pretty far from Pittsburgh so I don't think you'd want to commute. As far as learning from me, I'm sure there are much better climbers you could learn from. Learning from my mistakes as I post them might be good though. I'm trying to learn by that method myself.

... AA i think your alright but the BS is just too much, for your own sake and the sake of others on here just try to sit back and take it all in. Try to keep the BS to a minimum and guanteed the real treeguys will come out of the woodwork and teach you something...

My "BS" is all my true life experiences. I'be been more honest and open here than most I would say. I don't need to fabricate anything about what I do or have done, my real life exploits may come off as BS but let me assure you it is not.

Having said that no one ever did ask me how I got the job as a Skydiver in Tommy Bartlett's "Ski, Sky and Stage Show". I had to wrestle Victor the wrestling bear in the Indianapolis Sportsman's Show. I pinned him twice, and that's not BS either.

People,
if AA is battling bears, and he is winning, that makes him you people's boss and not the other way around. :msp_sneaky:

Hey, I don't care if it's SHUT THE CAB DOOR. AS means serious business. Now keep it hat way.

Back