Big egos and small minds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general, yes, except for the eerie treespasms in the way. :msp_thumbup:

Seems to me most of us regulars are friends/and or professional aquaintances (ultimately) ... there are however, a couple of exceptions.

Was looking up your profile earlier (cuz you bother me). I see you have earned yourself a total of 6 likes in your time here. Seems like a pretty dismal number... probably something to do with that flabbering, useless mouth you bring to the table. Just saying.

You and your daddy AA carry on though! :cheers: :popcorn:

Seems to me most of us regulars are friends/and or professional aquaintances (ultimately) ... there are however, a couple of exceptions.

Was looking up your profile earlier (cuz you bother me). I see you have earned yourself a total of 6 likes in your time here. Seems like a pretty dismal number... probably something to do with that flabbering, useless mouth you bring to the table. Just saying.

You and your daddy AA carry on though! :cheers: :popcorn:

So you looked up my online profile. Everything else you said makes no sense unless I was a friend pretending it made some sense. "Pretty dismal"...."flabbering, useless"......"daddy"....these phrases read more like you want me to play with you than anything else. That's OK too. :msp_razz:

So you looked up my online profile. Everything else you said makes no sense unless I was a friend pretending it made some sense. "Pretty dismal"...."flabbering, useless"......"daddy"....these phrases read more like you want me to play with you than anything else. That's OK too. :msp_razz:

Oh, it makes perfect sense, believe me!

BTW: I haven't seen an actual tree pic outta you sinse that pine (that you probably never finished) handed you your ass! What, did you just switch pretend hats to "make believe arborist now"?

Gentlemens,

Please excuse my confusion;

But i thought this thread was about putting these practices behind us, and getting to the next day?
Not, as an example of the title perpetuated??

:msp_scared:

:monkey: Huh, what??? :msp_rolleyes:

WTHeck?
Jeff - no cussing!

Classic :jester: What can be learned from the fool that learned to put the alphabetic shapes together, bus has misused nearly the entire application of their original purposes is something that's not able to be learned. So what's next, Jester??? Try misusing my faculties again with those neat little alphabet shapes. Teeeheeeeheeeeeheeeee

:msp_sneaky:

can't we just all get along, I mean dang, come on guys, nothing wrong with a jab ever now and then but seems like ever thread turns into a chick fight here now.....

BTW: I haven't seen an actual tree pic outta you sinse that pine (that you probably never finished) handed you your ass! What, did you just switch pretend hats to "make believe arborist now"?

He might have got sidetracked into thinking he was a pro photographer after his successful international publishing career here on AS.

As long as his client know less than him, he would have to screw up in epic proportions to finally get the message. Here people who know the job smell the ignorant and dangerous scent of bubba in the wind.

Hes keen which is a good thing, but its only a small step to dead keen

He might have got sidetracked into thinking he was a pro photographer after his successful international publishing career here on AS.

As long as his client know less than him, he would have to screw up in epic proportions to finally get the message. Here people who know the job smell the ignorant and dangerous scent of bubba in the wind.

Hes keen which is a good thing, but its only a small step to dead keen

Wonderful, Timbo McSpheresome. :msp_thumbup:

BC is pretty far from Pittsburgh so I don't think you'd want to commute. As far as learning from me, I'm sure there are much better climbers you could learn from. Learning from my mistakes as I post them might be good though. I'm trying to learn by that method myself.

My "BS" is all my true life experiences. I'be been more honest and open here than most I would say. I don't need to fabricate anything about what I do or have done, my real life exploits may come off as BS but let me assure you it is not.

Having said that no one ever did ask me how I got the job as a Skydiver in Tommy Bartlett's "Ski, Sky and Stage Show". I had to wrestle Victor the wrestling bear in the Indianapolis Sportsman's Show. I pinned him twice, and that's not BS either.

Maybe you should look up Reg Coates on youtube you might learn something. By the way AA you have missed many good opportunities to be humble.

can't we just all get along, I mean dang, come on guys, nothing wrong with a jab ever now and then but seems like ever thread turns into a chick fight here now.....

And someone of your stature can attest to how nasty girl fights can be ..... LOL just kidding ol' buddy'

He's on something! Why else would anyone spend 20 grand on a lawnmower - to do treework!!

I have been looking at the Steiner (or a clone) for it's capacity to work steep hills and soft terrain. It is quite a bit more machine than a lawnmower. I don't think it would be my first choice for tree work, as it is too wide to get through small gates, given it's loader capacity.

The articulating design does not damage lawns like a skid steer. If I was using it for tree work, however, I would expect it to accept universal mini-skid attachments.

I see that I named this thread pretty well. Some of you guys seem to be competing for the honors of biggest ego or perhaps the smallest mind?

The Steiner is unsurpassed on steep hills and for low impact ...

I have been looking at the Steiner (or a clone) for it's capacity to work steep hills and soft terrain. It is quite a bit more machine than a lawnmower. I don't think it would be my first choice for tree work, as it is too wide to get through small gates, given it's loader capacity.

The articulating design does not damage lawns like a skid steer. If I was using it for tree work, however, I would expect it to accept universal mini-skid attachments.

The clone you are looking for is the Ventrac, basically the same design and same attachments. Those attachments are numerous, but specific to the Steiner/Ventrac design and as such, are not cheap. I almost picked up the 48" snow blower attachment used for $1200 but it was sold the first day.

There is quite a following of the Steiner products because it is so versatile, being able to go anywhere or do anything. The quad dualies come off and can be put on and off in minutes. One large bolt per wheel takes them off. Still 48" wide though. Most residential fences can come down pretty easy though if need be.

I have found it to be extremely useful on the job for all sorts of tasks that were a major chore before adding the cool little tractor. My crew loves it and customers appreciate that it leaves no damage to their often expensive landscaping and turf.

I see that I named this thread pretty well. Some of you guys seem to be competing for the honors of biggest ego or perhaps the smallest mind?

I'm probably as guilty as any of having a big ego, but I figure at my age, and with my Life experiences I've earned it. Small minds though often try to inflate their own egos by trying to deflate others. It's a children's game that I prefer not to play.

Last edited:
Rumors of my death are greatly exagerated ...

... As long as his client know less than him, he would have to screw up in epic proportions to finally get the message.

See McPherson, my clients don't need to know much except other customers impressions of my work. If it's a dangerous tree they want removed and I do it with no damage or injuries they like it. Likewise if they want a tree pruned and I do it making proper cuts and the result is pleasing to them as well as healthy for the tree, then what's not to like?

... Here people who know the job smell the ignorant and dangerous scent of bubba in the wind... Hes keen which is a good thing, but its only a small step to dead keen

I'm hardly a "Bubba" as you would like to paint me. The scent you detect is the malignant odor of your own fear, just what you fear from me is unclear, I'm an old dude in a young man's game, and I'm sure I get more for my work than you do for your's, so I'm not lowballing any tree firm by working cheap. I'm a premium tree service and I charge more because my reputation for quality work precedes me.

It seems that you are joining treeMDS in having some sort of a death wish for me. Do I make you that uncomfortable? Do you think you really would be better off with me dead? That I continue to live and post here must be very inconvenient for you, but sorry I can't help you with that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back