big fir vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like someone else killed that Fir before he did.

Yah .. pretty obvious with the dead branches isn't it .... "Killin trees" is a generic phrase I use for felling, cutting, dropping, crashing, laying down timber....whatever you like. For me it depends on the mood and what the desired end result is.

Lots of dead Doug-fir around here ... root disease, drought and Doug-fir beetle usually in that order.

Evan-nice face cut. I like it when someone other than a pro-faller can put in a good face. Some of the faces I have seen residential tree guys put in would make you cringe. LOL

Evan-nice face cut. Some of the faces I have seen residential tree guys put in would make you cringe. LOL
Time is money for them and many (most?) of them would certainly rather be doing something else. Us part-timers take our time and enjoy the opportunity and, hopefully, gain some skills.

Nice Tree Evan and nice face. The power buck was also a nice touch. Good sound! Your stumps are gettin better all the time man. Bad back cuts happen. Just eye it up level before you put it in and a hair high if you need too. You've got all the time in world falling and it will save you some trouble. I love watching guys hurry through it like its a race. I've sat there and wondered what's the rush? Their stumps always look like ####.

My woman would have said the same damn thing. ha. ha.

Broccoli-boy doesn't like his vegtables.

Last edited:
LOL. Then she shows him how to limb it. Was she commenting on your hinge, too ? LOL.
Cool video. Looks like a really nice day in the woods with the family. Thanks for sharing. :clap: rep sent

I was so glad to hear her say that. I could build my wife a pyramid and my honey would say something like "You are not leaving that rock thingy there are you?"

Time is money for them and many (most?) of them would certainly rather be doing something else. Us part-timers take our time and enjoy the opportunity and, hopefully, gain some skills.

True Brian. But I'm talking scary cuts! I do a little of that there climbin myself ya know. LOL :givebeer: Sorry for the derail Evan. Nice job.

ohh yeah i take my time, nothing like a rockstar buzz after startn the face
_MG_8487.jpg

Energy drinks are the nastiest things ever!

Last time I drank one I had one of the worst days ever.

Coffee is different though. 3 heaping tablespoons of instant in 3 OZs of hot water will wake you right up. I can remember riding my moped in the morning questioning if the amount of caffeine I had ingested was safe haha. Twitching, shivering & swerving around hahahaha.

ohh i see, that section that busted over the rd split itself to. actuly kinda was pita

The break on the road looked like kind of a pita. Good sound though. My 2 year old daughter said, "Wow" when it hit! Pretty funny.

One pot of black coffee a day. I can't stomach that sugary ####.

dude i drink a 8 cup pot almost everyday then grab rockstar or monster whatevers on sale maybe two if there a two for two deal. i sometimes have the shakes so bad i cant sign my name.

i gota stop that though.

that power buck was hard to cut that grain was puln both directions i almost couldnt cut it from either side or the break in the rd

Latest posts

Back