Big old oak tree hit the ground. Lots of firewood in this old girl.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH_Varmntr

Burner of stored sunlight
Reaction score
Buddy of mine wanted this 46" oak down as it blocks the view of the road when they back out of their driveway. They've had a few close calls so they felt it was time to come down.

First off, the equipment. Between his saws and mine we had a Stihl 017, 026, MS290, MS460 and088. The 017 and MS290 are his the rest are mine. The MS460 has a 25" b&c and the 088 has a 41" b&c.

I also had my truck to help direct this beast down and we were able to use a Massey Ferguson 30HP tractor to move stuff around.

Once in the first crotch of the tree I dropped a few of the big lower limbs that were balancing the tree. They were right over the road so with the help of the truck we got them swung out of the way. Once they were down I felt pretty good about being able to put it where I wanted and it came right over.

Saws

Stump

On the ground.

Thanks guys! All the wood I took is still on my trailer as I haven't had any time to do anything with it yet. :dizzy:

The stump you left has 1/3 a cord in it!!! :D

Nice!

Ya, unfortunately the stump had a barbed-wire fence through it and I didn't feel like wrecking my 41" B&C with it.

Back