Big Old Skilsaw 1661 I think its a Canadien

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a old saw that I bought several years ago. A local Mexican feller had been telling me he had a Stihl saw that didnt run. I am always anxous to get a chance at another fixer upper. One day he caught me heading to the woods and got me to stop. He opened the trunk on his car and there was a big funny looking orange and white saw with a big maple leaf cast in the alluminum side. I bought it from him and headed for the woods. Got out there and started messing with it and got it started. Cut a cord of wood with it that afternoon. Used it several times and it quit firing. I assume its the coil could be condenser if it has one.Anybody know what it is or where to get parts for this thing?
Wesley

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...b6f934ab2f2ba22488256b54005304a9?OpenDocument

wesley said:
I have a old saw that I bought several years ago. A local Mexican feller had been telling me he had a Stihl saw that didnt run. I am always anxous to get a chance at another fixer upper. One day he caught me heading to the woods and got me to stop. He opened the trunk on his car and there was a big funny looking orange and white saw with a big maple leaf cast in the alluminum side. I bought it from him and headed for the woods. Got out there and started messing with it and got it started. Cut a cord of wood with it that afternoon. Used it several times and it quit firing. I assume its the coil could be condenser if it has one.Anybody know what it is or where to get parts for this thing?
Wesley

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...b6f934ab2f2ba22488256b54005304a9?OpenDocument

Yes, Canadian made the bigger skil saws.

You may get lucky and find a parts saw on ebay. Otherwise parts are not common

Back