Big Orange and wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been beaten to death. What does Big Orange do with rounds they haul away? I may have mentioned a severe orange truck infestation here last summer. Well there were a number of piles of rounds about the neighborhood. OK, I am a slacker, only having a recreational fire in the fire place now and then. I don't need any more fire wood. On a project last summer I took a couple of rounds and use them as rollers, but put them back.

So the pile of box elder has laid there all winter, not quite on my ground. The snow is gone and the orange trucks are back. Today they gathered it up and hauled it away. There are some other piles in the neighborhood too. Any idea what they do with it?

please don't post that, were gonna get cold here and someone tellin me they land fill wood aint good news...:(

A few of them around here do and when approached about firewood, one couldnt be bothered and another said liability was to high so they dump it...maybe not landfill but certaily ground up.

This stuff was big for box elder, maybe a foot. There is still some better stuff down the way.

A case of beer to the crew and they will usually help load it into your truck if you ask nicely, it saves them dumping it later. Dad used to score wood like this all the time, he was always on the lookout for when they were trimming/removing oak.

Back