BIG SAW cut BIG TREE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a video of it coming down? I'd like to have seen that.

Good thread.

That would have been a good idea.....everyone was waiting with their saw to get cutting.

Being rotton in the center...it didn't take much cutting on the back cut for it to go over. IMO....I think it went sooner than andydodgegeek expected it to do. Interesting on the face cut. Not knowing where the rot was in the center, he cut right up to the rot. Probably not the best....material for a hinge but it went very well.

View attachment 229228View attachment 229229 nice pics everyone love the big tree's ..heres a magnolia i am milling out. 44" butt i use a 084 with a alaskan mill

Here are your pics:
229228d1331919717-cimg0972-jpg

229229d1331919735-cimg0969-jpg

Didn't get video. Wish I would have.

If we do more....we'll have to remember to shoot the falling!

Last edited:
this one was a real upper body work out. i'm 6'2" and the cuts were at and above head level. plus all the nasties that where in that thing.

Pac-man, pic 3, is that a siswheel variation you have going? Maybe I'm not looking at it right, a little slow on Fridays......[/QUOTE]

basically a deep face and to get it to stay on the stump and roll off the stump to the side i took the pic from . a little diff take on things , and it worked. :msp_rolleyes:. it was a 35' stub. trying to tipp a traffic cone.:msp_wink:[IMG]http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=229318&stc=1&d=1331950426. lot of tree with no space. do a lott of them sequoias that out grow small back yards.

Nice pics, keep 'em coming!

It's stuff like this that makes me regret selling off my big saws, even though they were so seldom put to any productive use. Might need to get a 2100 or another 075/076 one of these days...

I'm glad you did!

I might try to get a pic of your old 076 with it's 42" bar on an oak that needed it.

hi guy's ,here is a nice ironbark log didn't get a pic of it in the bush, i dont take many pics maybe i should start taking pics, am just used to seeing logs its all we have done is log and mill..but anyways this log is ready to be cut into railway transoms it has good wood around the heart..the old 066 is just there for size.....

Pics:
229324d1331957745-1-jpg

229325d1331957755-2-jpg

229327d1331957773-3-jpg

http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/files/bigtree2005.pdf (These are just the ones registered)

Here's an interesting read,

Most think Indiana is just one big corn field. There are over 4.5 million acres of Forest land in the State.

We don't have the species like the West Coast. Still you have to wonder how big they would get if they were native here?

Not big trees, but they were oak and that's what we cut mostly when we can get it for free. This is the obligatory MS290 pic for those of us who cut mostly firewood with this saw. From the foothills of Cali and wearing PPE. Yup, those are Husqvarna chaps.

IMAG0085.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back