Big score on huge ash!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We get some decent size ash in Ohio as well but looks like their days are numbered with the insects. I guess we can tell our grandkids about them. I just wish their was a Emerald poison ivy bore, Emerald Multflora Rose bore and an Emerald Honeysuckle bore! ;)

205815d1320514440-mvc-012s-jpg

Always nice to get some good Ash, stay away from the Beeches and I always liked splitting Cherries.

Kevin is that tree coming down? Looks like a pile of firewood in that one. We're loosing Ash trees to the beetle too. I took several down this past season and I'm sure there will be more that don't leaf out this spring.

Kevin is that tree coming down? Looks like a pile of firewood in that one. We're loosing Ash trees to the beetle too. I took several down this past season and I'm sure there will be more that don't leaf out this spring.

Bore didn't get this one, lightning has hurt it worse. Struck 4 times that I know of in my lifetime, last one sliced a 6 inch chunk out the length of the trunk. I trimmed out the dead 2 years ago. I was in our 60 ft lift and as you can see me at full extension, it was higher than that.

MVC-022S.JPG

MVC-018S_5.JPG

A while back woke up and went outside and found this.

MVC-018S_32.JPG

MVC-020S_20.JPG

No wind or anything, just decided it was time I guess. It's cut up now and I left the other standing yet. Just the splits left to do and I'll do those when the ground gets fit. We have pics when our family first got the farm in 1898 and that tree was big then.

Back