Big Sprockets, Long Bars, Big Dogs and Chisel Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundguyscaredtoclimb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what is your favorite saw setup? type size bar length chain specs and WHY YOU LIKE IT/WHAT YOU FIND ITS BEST FOR?

im still breaking in the new 661, find the 36" bar to be safest but the 25" to be most versitile/fastest

390, 33" RW bar, and a loop of square gound JGX
i like that setup
and people say "you cant run that big bar on that saw bla bla bla"
i ran a 36 on my 260 pro.... kinda slow but im not buckin 3footers, just savin my back

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-30-07-10-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-30-07-10-03.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 87
i like that setup
and people say "you cant run that big bar on that saw bla bla bla"
i ran a 36 on my 260 pro.... kinda slow but im not buckin 3footers, just savin my back
I'm sure you just threw that 36" on the 260 just to say you did it. You really don't run it setup like that. No way can that saw even oil it

Ms170 with 14" supatuff fast cutty cutty bar, vangaurd chain, and fixed plastic felling dawg. Can't find a 10pin spur for it yet but when l do it will be ready for the timbersports. l stabbed the muffler a few times with a scrench to increase performance to an unforseen level, the fixed jet carb can hardly keep up now.:baba:

I have, I put a 36" on my walkerized 039. It would run it but just couldn't get enough oil for my liking

what does walkerized mean?

im jelous of your 0 models the 66 and the 39, i had a 029 stolen (first ffavorite saw):( and still love my 038 with the leaky metal gas tank. cant beat the old schoolers :happy:

Ms170 with 14" supatuff fast cutty cutty bar, vangaurd chain, and fixed plastic felling dawg. Can't find a 10pin spur for it yet but when l do it will be ready for the timbersports. l stabbed the muffler a few times with a scrench to increase performance to an unforseen level, the fixed jet carb can hardly keep up now.:baba:

*runs outside to stab my muffler* :crazy2:

Have you checked with Piltz?

Latest posts

Back