Big Sprockets, Long Bars, Big Dogs and Chisel Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just recently picked up a nice 066 set up with 3/8, .063, full chisel, full comp on a 28"bar (91DL) and 8-pin driver. First cut I made was through a 24" red oak log. WOW what a chip slingin' monster! Bucked the rest of the tree into firewood. Now I've gotta start working out at the gym so I can run it more than 5 minutes at a time!!!

I use a 90cc saw no matter what I'm cutting, u get use to it and don't mind the weight. It's heavier but your holding it less than a smallr slower saw but it's what u get use to.

Thanks jmssaws! I hope I can work up to it 'cause it sure does reduce my cutting time ! My poor little MS260 seems pretty gutless now! :D The 036 Pro...not so much, but still nowhere near the power and speed of the 66! :D:D

If u get use to a big and fast saw u will never pick up a small one. I have 2 small saws, a 034 that I bought new and a 372 but I never use them. 064/066 or 066 or 394/5 is what I'll use.

in southeast Michigan and no theyre worse
Your screen is not installed properly, its out of its track
Open that inner hole as much as you dare, the outer exit only comes into play if the inner one can flow more exhaust than the outer one can

If I had to venture a guess, looks like your file pushed the screen out of the track.

..........................adding another guess here, but if you are filing that opening with the muffler on the saw, you are going to run into problems. Them stainless steel shavings will end up getting bounced into the cylinder

Your screen is not installed properly, its out of its track
Open that inner hole as much as you dare, the outer exit only comes into play if the inner one can flow more exhaust than the outer one can

yeah i got pissed and fuked the screen up gotta run to store get a new one. i can open the inner hole more huh?

yeah i got pissed and fuked the screen up gotta run to store get a new one. i can open the inner hole more huh?
If you want, PM me your address and I will drop a more open screen into the mail for you today/tomorrow

You can open it as much as you can ............. look at the picture I posted of mine, its totally gone

This is very true .............. my 044 has just been collecting dust lately
I always keep a 372 around but I never use it. Got a very nice 371 now that's pretty sporty and never use it either, for no more difference in weight I'll take the bigger saw, even if I'm cutting 18" logs into firewood I'll still use the bigger saw. 372 and a hybrid 44 are good cutting saws but not like there 90cc brothers regardless of bar length.

If a 372 will tune at 14500 and so will a 90cc saw it don't matter if it's 16" bars the 90cc saw will b faster.

i heard i can remove screen completely, nervous about starting a fire its so dry out here in Michigan
None of my saws have a screen, I've tried running them even more open ones and it always hinders power. All my mufflers have a 1" pipe out the side and opened as far as I can, never started a fire but had a dp cover that had a dead tree smoking.

Latest posts

Back