Big Thanks to ALL the Veterans, The ones who made it home, and especially the ones who didn't.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
Had a GREAT day today with my Girls, and my friends. Written words can't express how much I love my country and my family.

My daughter is one of three girls that plays in the Mamkating Little League "Majors", For the local parade the little league gets to march. The local VFW hosts a free BBQ after the parade. These guys are the BEST. They are the sweetest to the kids. They show more Patience for the kids than some of us parents. For the parade they have a old Willys with a BAR mounted on a turret. Its plugged for display purpose. The little boys climbed all over it and had a blast. Some of the parents were trying to pull them off, when the owner a guy in his 60's told the parent it was ok. He explained that he fought for his country so that little kids could have the freedom to play and have fun. That guy right there is a HERO. At the BBQ seeing these guys work together like brothers......well it just shows the bond they have. I just want to end with saying THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the freedoms me and my family get to enjoy. Don't let anybody you know ever forget the real reason we celebrate this weekend. Matt

It's pretty special to thank a veteran any day of the year. Freedom is our most precious worldly possession in that it can be taken away at any time. I recently chatted with an old guy I met while grocery shopping. He was a Korean war vet who was exposed to agent orange. He has lost his wife and both daughters over the years to cancer, and other health problems. Apparently agent orange gets in you genetics and can effect your offspring. The guy is all alone. I spent about 40 minutes talking with him and thanked him for his service. The guy was visibly overjoyed. He shook my hand twice and told me that I made his day. He even choked up a bit. I also went to the emergency room awhile back to get something dug out of my eye. My doctor was a Vietnam vet who was a medic in the war. People actually spit on him in the airport when he returned from the war. He was also very happy to here my thanks. I couldn't imagine, other than watching movies, what these men have lived through and have lived with all these years.

Don't feel like it doesn't matter because it was a long time ago. These men earned our appreciation and gratitude. Thank them for what they did for your freedom and shake their hands.

Latest posts

Back