Big Tillotson Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the equivalent Walbro. Isn't it a thing of beauty? Note adjustments are on the left side where they belong.
John
Walbro-1.jpg

I see.......... not enough fuel

How modded is the saw?
I'll have to go find an HT and look

No response from the Tillotson chat yet
Perhaps someone there can show a passage flow chart schematic so we can figure a way.

PEST said:
Are you going alky with the HT?

No, not at all Pest. That's virgin territory in my book and beyond my comprension, however, woodsjunkie is hooked on alky and probably needs to go to Hey Hey meetings. LOL
It's just that this 999 winds out right off the chart and I need to fatten up the H side a bit so I don't throw a rod.
John

PEST said:
How modded is the saw?
I'll have to go find an HT and look

No response from the Tillotson chat yet
Perhaps someone there can show a passage flow chart schematic so we can figure a way.
The saws pretty modded, and really wants to get up and talk. It's beyond wanting to take it to work. In fact I think it will give a modded 2100 a run for it's money. I hope to get it ready for a GTG soon.
John

Yup

If that is the HT 12A they had the jets backwards. the high altitude jet was listed as a 1.00MM and the standard jet was a .90

the part number for the 1.00 was #1124 121 5603 on my 99 lit

the standard was .90 was a part #1124 120 5602

Gypo Logger said:
No, not at all Pest. That's virgin territory in my book and beyond my comprension, however, woodsjunkie is hooked on alky and probably needs to go to Hey Hey meetings. LOL
It's just that this 999 winds out right off the chart and I need to fatten up the H side a bit so I don't throw a rod.
John

HT carb:

I don't know if it helps, but the 880 uses a 1.0 mm jet for "High Altitude" and a 1.04mm for "normal".... You can buy larger jets, but I'd start by reaming out the existing jet in say 5/100 or 1/10th mm increments.

1124 121 5604 for the 1.04

I doubt the output valve is limiting, but you may need to upgrade that to a larger unit.

Edit : PEST was posting at the same time as me; info slightly different on the newer IPL.

Last edited:
Hey lakeside

Hey lakeside the HT wasn't using the jet in an air bleed was it?

nope just answered my question when we posted at the same time

Last edited:
lololo We have got to stop meeting like this!

I have a buddy with a big box of HT carbs (ex 084) - and he sells lots to a guy that converts them to Alky..

This is good stuff you are offering Pest and Andy. There's nothing more enjoyable than learning something for the first time.
I'm always liked rebuiding saw carbs and I look forward to learning how to rejet.
Thanks,
John

True, but the HT is off another 999 and both are interchangeable. It's just that I wanted to keep the Walbro stock and play with the HT to see if I can remedy the problem. In other words I have 2 999's, on with a Walbro and one with a Tilly.
John

Latest posts

Back