Big time score of free ash

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was unloading some firewood at my fathers on New years day when his neighbor came over and asked him if he needed more of course we said sure . Seems he has about 15 acres of vacant land about 8 miles away with a lot of downed and standing dead trees. All the dead stuff is ash with a few oak and some birch.
So far I have taken out 5 8ft bed pickup loads of 5-10 inch diam x 4feet long logs loaded higher than the bed sides . Loaded them up with my small Kubota 3200 loader. Have about 2 cord cut into lenghts and setting ready to go still at the site. I would say I cleared maybe an acre of the the downed stuff plan is getting most of the downed stuff now and then getting the standing during the summer.
I was getting a little worried as I have a lot of green wood for next year thanks to the Oct snowstorm but was low on burnable stuff.

Was unloading some firewood at my fathers on New years day when his neighbor came over and asked him if he needed more of course we said sure . Seems he has about 15 acres of vacant land about 8 miles away with a lot of downed and standing dead trees. All the dead stuff is ash with a few oak and some birch.
So far I have taken out 5 8ft bed pickup loads of 5-10 inch diam x 4feet long logs loaded higher than the bed sides . Loaded them up with my small Kubota 3200 loader. Have about 2 cord cut into lenghts and setting ready to go still at the site. I would say I cleared maybe an acre of the the downed stuff plan is getting most of the downed stuff now and then getting the standing during the summer.
I was getting a little worried as I have a lot of green wood for next year thanks to the Oct snowstorm but was low on burnable stuff.

I just wonder what y'all are gonna do up yonder when that endless supply of EAB ash finally runs out. :msp_scared:

Latest posts

Back