BIG Wood picture contest... win big prizes!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great pics! Looks like it's in your blood. Could you tell us a bit about the saw. Model and whether stock or not.
Thank you! Saw was a 272, mostly stock, older guy I worked with added another port to the muffler drilled holes in air cleaner cover and retuned it for me, it ran really well, think it was 30" bar, maybe 32", it would keep up with another guys stock 064. Didn't think much about it at the time it was just a "tool" for the job. Sure was a good saw.

image.jpeg image.jpeg 4' spruce tree, Seward Alaska, was too tall to fall in one piece ( power line was close) , saw was sthil 064 ported that I still have, kinda heavy for tree work, but all I had that would reach through even that far up. Did good on that job got paid to take the trees down then sold the logs to a guy in Cooper Landing that had a mill.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457841901.455674.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457841916.221932.jpg

Land Owner called a Good Climber in based on Jer's recommendation.
Jer & I worked the ground and tended his ropes.

Cottonwood.

LO's boss said she wanted to leave the base for the kids a tree house: around 5' diameter. The 3 Stems were 36".

Tree was between 85-95ft. Now it's 15ft.

Latest posts

Back