Biggest Stump I Have Seen, In Person

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well LXT

Don't really know what to say. But I can say on that job we arrived their at 3:00pm and at 4:00 pm the stump was done the chips were cleaned up and the customer was writing the cheque. One of six jobs for the day with a pretty good total for the day.

Bullsh%t!!!! 11ft diameter, the debris alone to shuffle around just to see what your grinding would take time, ohh..... a bobcat, now we need 2 trucks to do stumps, one for the grinder & one for the skidsteer! LOL

just to get the equip. off trailer, back on and secured will take 15 min. Ive ran large stumpers....their quick but no way did you do all that in 1 hour! NO WAY!

LXT................

Bullsh%t!!!! 11ft diameter, the debris alone to shuffle around just to see what your grinding would take time, ohh..... a bobcat, now we need 2 trucks to do stumps, one for the grinder & one for the skidsteer! LOL

just to get the equip. off trailer, back on and secured will take 15 min. Ive ran large stumpers....their quick but no way did you do all that in 1 hour! NO WAY!

LXT................

That is one reason this site entertains me so much. I have never read so much bull and hogwash as what gets posted on this site.

Well LXT

Don't really know what to say. But I can say on that job we arrived their at 3:00pm and at 4:00 pm the stump was done the chips were cleaned up and the customer was writing the cheque. One of six jobs for the day with a pretty good total for the day.

musta been that new grinder with the vacuum attachment. :jawdrop:

Well fellas it was what it was. I've never been on here bull shi__ anyone. You have a dump truck with bobcat on trailer behind. Another unit with the stumper. The stump is in the front yard. You grind till your overwhelmed with chips maybe 5-10 mins worth. The 2nd guy scoops up the chips with the bobcat and you continue grinding. Repeat untill the stump is done. Load the stumper and bobcat and your done. Quick and easy.

Well fellas it was what it was. I've never been on here bull shi__ anyone. You have a dump truck with bobcat on trailer behind. Another unit with the stumper. The stump is in the front yard. You grind till your overwhelmed with chips maybe 5-10 mins worth. The 2nd guy scoops up the chips with the bobcat and you continue grinding. Repeat untill the stump is done. Load the stumper and bobcat and your done. Quick and easy.

Photo's pls. Before and after and rig too. I would like to see how this could be done. Takes me an hour just to get my lazy behind out of the truck and on to the site. :)

Wished I would have taken pics. The job went a little better/faster than I thought. Not here to really prove anything but next time I will take pics.

What machine were you using again? You weren't the OP either. I remember you saying your stump was 11 ft across. What was the length of the short side? How high was it? What kind of stump was it? How far down did you take it?

I was using a Vermeer SC60TX with a Sandvic Disk. The stump was a large willow stump that had 3 large main trunks evolving into 1 large stump. The stump was approx 10-12 inches above grade including the upswell of the ground around the stump. It was ground approx 6-8 inches below grade. The machine that did the clean up was a Bobcat T320 or T300 (I can't remember which one I brought). The dump truck was a Ford F800 single axle with a 16 foot box. Their was approx 5-6 yards of chip debris removed with hole backfilled and packed with the dirtiest of the grindings. Customer was responisible for soil and sodding. The grinder was brought to the job with a 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel on trailer.

I was using a Vermeer SC60TX with a Sandvic Disk. The stump was a large willow stump that had 3 large main trunks evolving into 1 large stump. The stump was approx 10-12 inches above grade including the upswell of the ground around the stump. It was ground approx 6-8 inches below grade. The machine that did the clean up was a Bobcat T320 or T300 (I can't remember which one I brought). The dump truck was a Ford F800 single axle with a 16 foot box. Their was approx 5-6 yards of chip debris removed with hole backfilled and packed with the dirtiest of the grindings. Customer was responisible for soil and sodding. The grinder was brought to the job with a 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel on trailer.

I believe that could be done in an hour with your equipment. I think most of the people on here were confusing your stump with that monster one originally posted.

I believe that could be done in an hour with your equipment. I think most of the people on here were confusing your stump with that monster one originally posted.

Yup I was for sure. I can do most stumps cut low in 20 minutes grinding time with my equipment but the original picture it would take the skidder grinder to accomplish that speed.
Here is my grinder and it's best day was 127 stumps on one of my golf courses that I grind for!

001-3.jpg

Yup I was for sure. I can do most stumps cut low in 20 minutes grinding time with my equipment but the original picture it would take the skidder grinder to accomplish that speed.
Here is my grinder and it's best day was 127 stumps on one of my golf courses that I grind for!

001-3.jpg

You take that lawn tractor everywhere, Rope?

Latest posts

Back