Bing Carbs??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjayfromwa

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know a place that sells replacements other than Stihl? Its on an 038 and the Stihl dealers price is off the hook!!

It is in need of a new carb...not a rebuild kit.

Just buy a used carb.. BTW.. Bings can almost always be rebuilt as everything is accessible...

Last edited:
Well i would rebuild it, but the guy who gave it to me ( a damn homeowner) thought he would let his "mechanically inclined 16yr old son" rebuild it...So its missing pieces and for some odd reason he was trying to adjust the butterflies with what looks like pliers or vise grips.... So yeah its pretty much toast....

therefore the new carb search

****is there any other carbs that i can swap in?

LOLOL

Yes there is a Tillotson HK that fits. You're much better of with a Bing imo...

Cheapstihlparts up at Lake Stevens has some. He should be back from vacation this week.

I googled Bing, and came up with a Oklahoma phone number, where
Bing has an American factory/or dist, not sure. The prices they quoted me
were almost exactly "TWICE" the price of the same item for Stihl.

I have a bing on am 064 stihl and can't find any cheap kits for it. I probably will have to put a walbro on it.As they have kits all over the place for cheap.

Groan... why does this come up every few months? What would you guys do if you had to find parts for a rare carb?

Windrosa make the aftermarket kits for Bing carbs.. We dont pay any for for the DG kit than any other carb... Someone like PES+ should buy a bunch and resell then to AS users. PES+?

I know cheapstihlsawparts has a bunch of full kits including the metering arm etc - I took apart about 20 brand new carbs and repacked the entire kits for him.. The carbs were for a stihl prototype that was never made, and had a linkage different to the 038 carb.

Groan... why does this come up every few months? What would you guys do if you had to find parts for a rare carb?

Windrosa make the aftermarket kits for Bing carbs.. We dont pay any for for the DG kit than any other carb... Someone like PES+ should buy a bunch and resell then to AS users. PES+?

I know cheapstihlsawparts has a bunch of full kits including the metering arm etc - I took apart about 20 brand new carbs and repacked the entire kits for him.. The carbs were for a stihl prototype that was never made, and had a linkage different to the 038 carb.

Do you have a site or number for windrosa? I need a kit for one of my 064s.I have a rip in one of the diaphrams.Baileys told me they will be selling kits, but don't have them yet. Thanks,Mark

Windrosa doesn't sell to end users - just to distribution. We buy from a distributor in Oregon, but he doesn't sell to end user either.

What's you carb number?

Windrosa doesn't sell to end users - just to distribution. We buy from a distributor in Oregon, but he doesn't sell to end user either.

What's you carb number?

Yea,That's my problem,no availble parts!Too bad, they are nice carbs.:confused: I don't think they used more than one part number on the 064

Back