Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whos "we"? Be specific.

What's this "dirt " you speak of? Be specific.

Here's a truth for you: I've never been in rehab.
Did I ever say you were ? For a guy who supposedly knows all about me you sure as hell gott a lot to learn pal ! Here’s a little hint from Uncle Frankie ... keep your pecker in your pants and your whiskey in the cupboard and most importantly keep your trapper shut especially when shooting from the hip and throwing bs into the air about someone you haven’t the foggiest idear about ... small world dude , a lot smaller than you think it is

I would give frank a hand if he would port my saw. Frank, maybe we could due an exchange? My free labor in trade you can port my 362?
I’ve got help already but thanks for the offer ... now that I have the 462c I guess I can let the 362c hot-woods go if interested ...

Only if you make it one- Though I appreciate your honesty ... I’ve seen what substances can do to folk first hand ! No way to live imho ... glad you saw the light and became a productive member of society and mean that sincerely Randy

I appreciate that Frank.

It's been a long strange trip.....

After being straight a few years, I looked back on my younger days and thought.....what a bunch of wasted time.

Did I ever say you were ? For a guy who supposedly knows all about me you sure as hell gott a lot to learn pal ! Here’s a little hint from Uncle Frankie ... keep your pecker in your pants and your whiskey in the cupboard and most importantly keep your trapper shut especially when shooting from the hip and throwing bs into the air about someone you haven’t the foggiest idear about ... small world dude , a lot smaller than you think it is

I'm guessing by your tone that you're upset about something. You ever think about getting professional help with that? Or maybe you tried and didn't have much luck? Therapy can lead to healing, if you're open to it.

I'm guessing by your tone that you're upset about something. You ever think about getting professional help with that? Or maybe you tried and didn't have much luck? Therapy can lead to healing, if you're open to it.
Ever think about acting like a human - being and having respect for your fellow man ? I know it may be a foreign concept to you but tomorrow is another day ! Another tip from “Uncle Frankie”

Ever think about acting like a human - being and having respect for your fellow man ? I know it may be a foreign concept to you but tomorrow is another day ! Another tip from “Uncle Frankie”

You seem confused about respect. You have disrespected most everyone you've come in contact with-here and all other sites you've joined.

You seem confused about honesty, you've been shown to be untruthful countless times and have dodged direct questions about the untruths.

You have to EARN respect, and the road you're traveling doesn't lead there.

You ever think about why you act the way you do? There are good folks out there that can help you sort that out, if you're willing to ask.

No one's perfect. I bet if you came clean and tried a little honesty here you'd find yourself treated much differently.

You seem confused about respect. You have disrespected most everyone you've come in contact with-here and all other sites you've joined.

You seem confused about honesty, you've been shown to be untruthful countless times and have dodged direct questions about the untruths.

You have to EARN respect, and the road you're traveling doesn't lead there.

You ever think about why you act the way you do? There are good folks out there that can help you sort that out, if you're willing to ask.

No one's perfect. I bet if you came clean and tried a little honesty here you'd find yourself treated much differently.
Yah , thanks for 180 but I ain’t buying it pal , not for one second ! You talk out of both sides of yapper guy ... tell ya what : you go your way , I go mine ... very simple - now kindly go troll someone else and if you decide to come back for more please bring your “A” game as the caca you spew is WEAK !

IMHO one needs a stock fully broken in saw to compare your build to ESPECIALLY if a lengthy R&D phase happens with the first build.

Crabby cooters build thread is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. The first 462 was run ALOT. He was satisfied with his gain and proceeded to apply those same mods to NIB saws for customers. I could pretty much guarantee there’s at least a 10% loss in his gains on those nib saws. So say he was up to 25-30% gains and half that is just from running fuel thru the saw, is it worth it? That’s the question one needs to ask. I wish he would chime in about it, but it’s his livelyhood and don’t expect him to.
True but nobody does that to my knowledge. Husquavarna would say 1 hour to seat the ring and 10 hours on the bottom end. A get a couple 51.4 mm 75 cm3 jugs from Mike Lee and the first saw had a broken in bottom end and took 10 days to break those rings in where the saw fully kicked up. shortly after my second chain.

Comparrissons with the R&D are from one cut to the next so should be pretty good. maybe some changes respond better in smaller wood IDK? The same could be said about changes differing with a fully broken in or not saw IDK?

Ok your point is you take two new saws and they both time 10sec in a cut. one saw goes through X hours of r&d and the stock saw cuts the same volume with also about X hours and remaining stock. The mod saw can now cut that same 'pre mod' log in 8 sec whilst the stock saw has broken in and can now do it in 9 sec.

Math:
Builder then claims a 20% time gain
Meh
but the stock had a 10% gain so that's a 10% gain in the mod saw (in my scenerio )
The only saw we can compare it to is the 372 with 5.4 hp 70.9 cc VS 462 with 70cc 6 ph
10% of 5.4 hp is .54 + 5.4 = 5.94 hp.

So the 462 has 10.5% ph more than the 372 we will say.

So the factory has 'found 10.5 % more hp gains'. That may transfer nothing in the cut or quite a bit in others. Time gains are subjective.

A fast 6 ph would do a lot for most guys. porting would be a waste.

A true 15-16 % hp gain. would give you about 7 hp. That would just work for the
coast but time gain percentage does not mean ****. too subjective. HP can be measured as a constant.

The same could be said about changes differing with a fully broken in or not saw IDK?
yes this is a point i didn't bring up that i have been thinking about alot. this is why i feel the r&d saw should be fully broken in before ANYTHING is done to it. Lets call it 5 gallons of fuel running the saw hard or till no further gains are being seen.

Ok your point is you take two new saws and they both time 10sec in a cut. one saw goes through X hours of r&d and the stock saw cuts the same volume with also about X hours and remaining stock. The mod saw can now cut that same 'pre mod' log in 8 sec whilst the stock saw has broken in and can now do it in 9 sec.

Math:
Builder then claims a 20% time gain
Meh
but the stock had a 10% gain so that's a 10% gain in the mod saw (in my scenerio )

exactly my point and much better explained then I can do, I just couldn't get my point across how I wanted to. what i wrote was even confusing me and i knew what I was trying to say. My reason for bringing all this up is so a person can make a decision wether they feel it's worth dumping another $350 into a saw. Thats it, nothing about the builders skills, what can or cannot be done to the saw etc. strictly marketing purposes. example: say im in the market to get my 462 ported by someone, I pick a builder and ask what gain are you getting out of the saw. I ask this because the only way besides the builders rep is to compare that gain to what i consider a decent work saw. If the builder says im getting 10-15% i would probably not get it done because i don't feel it's worth it. If the builder says im getting 30-40% i would say, now we got a decent work saw that's worth the extra $350. If the builder says i'm getting 50-60% with what would be done to your saw I would say, I hope this fugger doesn't blow up in the backcut.

That being said, the X% has to be accurately described, and as in your math example, this is what I see happening. Theres a couple ways this can be done. first fully break in the R&D saw before any work is done on it, OR come up with your secret sauce with the first saw, throw out all those times, make a first stock cut with a second saw, apply your secret sauce and do the after cuts and pull your X% gains from those times. Or say I don't time cuts, but i feel this saw is worth being ported for the flattened power band and trust my abilities, Or say I don't feel this saw is worth being ported because after broken in it's not much weaker than what I could do to the saw. The last one is extremely hard to do, there's ego and money involved.

So to all the porters, do you feel the 462 is worth porting? From what I have seen, I don't feel it is. If i'm looking for torque to run .404 chain, I'm picking up a 661 not a 462 JMHO.

Every time you and bird legs come round I gotta open the window to get rid of the festering stank!
that stank is cuz i froze a **** log and threw it into your trailer. It landed on your knickers and it's probably defrosted by now.

to tie all this into franks excellent build thread, here is whats going to happen
Frank is going to say he achieved a 25-30% gain between his first cut and his last cut after being dipped in the cauldron of performance. we will all be able to see this and calculate it from the videos he will post 1billion times in every thread on AS
Now if he was to buy a 2nd 462 with our tax dollars and dip that one in the cauldron of performance, his gain wood drop down to about 10%. As he runs and runs that second saw, it will eventually return to his 25-30% gain.
The difference between the 25-30% gain and the 10% gain ARE NOT HIS! He cannot take credit for those gains because they can be achieved by anyone by simply running gallons of fuel thru the saw.
So frank, dont go beating your chest till us tax payers buy you a 2nd 462! K dikhead?

What frank is doing right now and the reason for the delay is he is running as much fuel thru the saw as he can each day to fully break it in for his final vid. Frank is not an idiot and I actually find him quite intelligent, but he is a fraud and deceiver. All he is doing to this saw is a muffler mod, air filter adapter, slight timing advance and his most important mod.......run time on the saw. With that he will reach his 25-30% gain easily, but again it’s not his to take credit for. PEACE OUT FUKRS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back