blu max

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtB

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Saw 59cc 22" saw on ebay for $100

what the heck, tried one.

Very surprised that it was good quality (chain was soft steel pos though), ran well, had expected 59 cc power.
From China naturally, cannot tell who it was copied from directly of if original design - anyone know?

Bought a second one just for another 'spare'.

I think I’ve read they’re an older Echo design. Ive worked on my father inlaw’s but his is the 45cc version. The quality is better than I expected, has very good compression and decent power and runs really well. I was surprised.

It's of the Baumr ag family of Chinese saws probably the only difference is yours is blue.
The Baumr have been sold cheap down here for decades homeowners seem to get an ok run out of them cutting a bit of firewood with em.
The few I've pick up for $5 at the tip shop over the years that haven't been straight gassed seem to always have rotted fuel lines and the oiler plastic drive gear is stripped most the time.
Oh and it doesn't take much pulling if pinched to bend the front handle lol
images - 2022-06-18T002623.035.jpegimages - 2022-06-18T004941.834.jpeg

Yeah the fuel line was shot and sucked debris in the carburetor. Replaced that, clean out carb and dialed it in and it was good to go. Ive also seen where some are advertised to be 60-65cc when in fact are 54cc. You sure that one’s 59?

Saw 59cc 22" saw on ebay for $100

what the heck, tried one.

Very surprised that it was good quality (chain was soft steel pos though), ran well, had expected 59 cc power.
From China naturally, cannot tell who it was copied from directly of if original design - anyone know?

Bought a second one just for another 'spare'.
These are “grey market saws” my first chainsaw was a grey market still have it haven’t run it in years now but did muffler mod it recently.

These are the old red max 5000 saws that they knock off
don’t know why they used this model for a lot of the knockoffs.
maybe they dumpster dived and found the old castings when red max threw them out??

Latest posts

Back