Blue Beach aka Ironwood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hausfire

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well I am new to this Forum. And was wondering I am from New Jersey and I got ahold of some Blue Beach aka Ironwood. Man it was something to split by hand. Its very hard and stringy, just wondering how it burns.I have a wood stove
Eric

I'll trade you a pile of white ash for your ironwood. :)

The ironwood should be a great burner if dry. It's packed with btu's more than almost any other northeast wood

They are beautiful.
I'm actually thinning the woods this spring/summer and leaving the blue beech, hop hornbeam, even some thorn trees, and multistem trees. I love the form that some of these trees present.

How big in diameter are the 25 foot trees?

Bill

I burn a lot of Ironwood. It is great. I like to put it on at night since it burns so long. It is a little rough to split, but well worth it.

My woods are full of it. It was sad when I had to waste a lot burning the brush to build my home.

Now even the smallest pieces go on the wood pile, because it is so dense. Why would you have to split it? The stuff is hardly ever 4" here

My woods are full of it. It was sad when I had to waste a lot burning the brush to build my home.

Now even the smallest pieces go on the wood pile, because it is so dense. Why would you have to split it? The stuff is hardly ever 4" here

I got some that is 8- 10 inches.

Back