Blue xl12 spark problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey McBride

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My saw will shock me when I hold the plug wire but will not produce a spark from the plug.....also I get shocked with the on/off switch in both positions.

Unhook the switch. Get a new plug. See how that goes

I would say the switch is shorted. I would pull recoil and check the kill switch wire for a bad spot . The switches are known to go bad too. You can remove wire from switch and check for spark. Just make sure tha wire for the switch doues not ground to anything while testing.

I would say the switch is shorted. I would pull recoil and check the kill switch wire for a bad spot . The switches are known to go bad too. You can remove wire from switch and check for spark. Just make sure tha wire for the switch doues not ground to anything while testing.
I took the switch wire off..it shocks me from the plug wire but when attached to the plug nothing....no shocks no spark.just a thought do you think the condenser is going bad?

No, condenser is fine. Sounds like the problem is in the boot area. Make sure the plug to wire connection is good. May have popped loose.

Think I'm going to change all the wico stuff with phelon.I want to do away with the tj8I plug type anyway

The high tension lead (the spark plug wire) can be unscrewed from the coil and replaced with a new one. The cap comes off and there is a coiled end the crimps into the end of the lead. Once you have a new lead screwed in and cut to lenth and fished through saw body them you can put the end back on. Finally get a little dielectric grease and lube cap and slide back on end clip.

The high tension lead (the spark plug wire) can be unscrewed from the coil and replaced with a new one. The cap comes off and there is a coiled end the crimps into the end of the lead. Once you have a new lead screwed in and cut to lenth and fished through saw body them you can put the end back on. Finally get a little dielectric grease and lube cap and slide back on end clip.
Yeah ok,ill try that first...you would Think if there was enough juice to shock the pee out of you that you should get spark from the plug

Back