Bluemax chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i would really like a red max which is what the blue max are cloning i believe the only gripe i have so far is the chainbrake seems overly sensitive like eaay to trip, since i tend not to use it its a non issue

With the easy tripping chainbrake, my G621 clone had the same problem, and i got so bad, it would trip out just revving to WOT. I took the chainbrake apart, and ground out the little notch in the T-shaped piece - behind the circle in the picture. I did it with a dremel, and probably went a bit too far, but it never trips out now, and you have to be quite deliberate to set it.
IMG_1075-800.jpg
Edit: This assumes the GZ4500 clone chainbrake is the same as the G621. The same principles should apply.

With the easy tripping chainbrake, my G621 clone had the same problem, and i got so bad, it would trip out just revving to WOT. I took the chainbrake apart, and ground out the little notch in the T-shaped piece - behind the circle in the picture. I did it with a dremel, and probably went a bit too far, but it never trips out now, and you have to be quite deliberate to set it.
View attachment 540167
Edit: This assumes the GZ4500 clone chainbrake is the same as the G621. The same principles should apply.
What a coincidence - I had to do exactly the same. Then again, that was my picture from when I did it (no I don't mind)....

Attachments

• IMG_1075-800.jpg
    IMG_1075-800.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Chris-PA. I learnt a lot from your G621 thread, a very good read. I had one before i came here, and you motivated me to play with it.

Thanks Chris-PA. I learnt a lot from your G621 thread, a very good read. I had one before i came here, and you motivated me to play with it.
It's a good saw. I use it regularly and it's no slouch. Always starts easy. My neighbor gave me a loop of 72DL Oregon 72V (Vanguard) chain and I found it fit using my McCulloch bar - the first part of this vid is with the factory grind:

The saw just cranks along at over 10krpm, and it will do that with a 25" (84DL) bar too.

It's a good saw. I use it regularly and it's no slouch. Always starts easy. My neighbor gave me a loop of 72DL Oregon 72V (Vanguard) chain and I found it fit using my McCulloch bar - the first part of this vid is with the factory grind:

The saw just cranks along at over 10krpm, and it will do that with a 25" (84DL) bar too.

That second saw chain a little dull there? Lol

That second saw chain a little dull there? Lol
It's actually not. That wood is quite hard, and something is wrong with the oiling system - in fact I swapped out the pump after that but it didn't help. I run canola oil, and it is oiling some, so by the end of the cut the bar is hot and it smokes a lot.

If I can get motivated I might go out to the barn and try to figure it out, but the Yuengling Lager is making that more unlikely.

I ported mine using guesswork - no degree wheel. I deleted the base gasket, and ended up with 0.016 squish, which is a little on the tight side, but i left it there. I widened the intake and exhaust to 60-65%, raised the exhaust slightly, opened the muffler slots, swapped on an Echo CS-670 air filter (had an extra, but the air filter cover doesn't fit now), advanced the ignition by roughly 5*, swapped the carb out to an aftermarket 359 carb (direct swap) and put a 20" Echo bar on it with 72LGX. I ran it against my stock 036 on the weekend, and it absolutely spanked it, way more torque and RPM. The 036 was far easier to bog, even with my best tuning efforts. The clone was lean, as it had sprung an airleak (I think). In the near future I am going to put a degree wheel on it, as I wonder if there is more to be had. I also intend to put a 372 carb on it (i have one sitting around, but it will involve rerouting the impulse) and do the Terry Syd carb mods. My current carb is so far out on the high (3 turns) that the needle rattles itself loose, due to the spring not putting enough pressure on it. A good saw, but I have it in bits more often than i use it of late :D
IMG_20160909_181058.jpg IMG_20160918_185802.jpg IMG_20160918_185813.jpg IMG_20160918_185824.jpg IMG_20160918_185832.jpg

I ported mine using guesswork - no degree wheel. I deleted the base gasket, and ended up with 0.016 squish, which is a little on the tight side, but i left it there. I widened the intake and exhaust to 60-65%, raised the exhaust slightly, opened the muffler slots, swapped on an Echo CS-670 air filter (had an extra, but the air filter cover doesn't fit now), advanced the ignition by roughly 5*, swapped the carb out to an aftermarket 359 carb (direct swap) and put a 20" Echo bar on it with 72LGX. I ran it against my stock 036 on the weekend, and it absolutely spanked it, way more torque and RPM. The 036 was far easier to bog, even with my best tuning efforts. The clone was lean, as it had sprung an airleak (I think). In the near future I am going to put a degree wheel on it, as I wonder if there is more to be had. I also intend to put a 372 carb on it (i have one sitting around, but it will involve rerouting the impulse) and do the Terry Syd carb mods. My current carb is so far out on the high (3 turns) that the needle rattles itself loose, due to the spring not putting enough pressure on it. A good saw, but I have it in bits more often than i use it of late :D
View attachment 540204 View attachment 540205 View attachment 540206 View attachment 540207 View attachment 540208
Nice! I didn't touch the exhaust on mine, rather I dropped and widened the intake. The exhaust port width is 54% of bore, intake is 52%, and my squish is larger. I know there are more gains to be had, especially in the carb size, but I really like the way it runs now so I've been leaving it alone. A carb swap would be pretty low risk though.

i have been looking at the 62cc saws but i have four in that range does anyone know if there is a source for the larger chinese saws without paying the high shipping cost id like to find one of the 72cc saws.

Im really shocked that so many people have already been building clone saws, i didnt know it was a thing. I think im gonna cut alot of firewood with the new blue max before i tear into it, just so i can say i got my moneys worth. I do want to get the non cat dual port muffler though.

Somebody stole my friends husky out of his truck i showed him the 62cc saws and like he said he could buy 4 of these compared his stolen saw and not be in debt going into the holidays.

i have been looking at the 62cc saws but i have four in that range does anyone know if there is a source for the larger chinese saws without paying the high shipping cost id like to find one of the 72cc saws.
I believe you can get all those kits at Hutzl.net
kit saws

Back