bogging ms 310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodstacker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Help!!! i have a ms310 that boggs at full throttle, back off to 3\4 throttle runs fine. Its said to be rebuilt, compression 115 lbs cylinder looks ok .Anybody got an idea what this could be.:dizzy: Thanks

bogging ms310

Automotive compression tester; I don't remember the name. It's the one that I have always used. I also own an O31 and it's compression is 118 and the saw runs fine. I don't know if that matters or not or is there that much difference between the saws.

Does your gauge have a schrader (one way) valve on it? If it doesn't, you'll get a false reading. If it truly has less than 120lbs, it's time for new rings and you're losing a good deal of power.

Ian

Might just need to adjust the H side of the carb. But aside from that, the compression seems low... if it does have low compression, that would explain the bogging.

If the compression compares with your other saw it should be fine, gauge is off. I'd try opening the high adjuster a little first if that doesn't help be looking for bad fuel line or impulse line, clogged fuel filter, dirty carb or clogged tank vent Steve

If the compression compares with your other saw it should be fine, gauge is off. I'd try opening the high adjuster a little first if that doesn't help be looking for bad fuel line or impulse line, clogged fuel filter, dirty carb or clogged tank vent Steve

my thought exactly

bogging ms310

Thanks for all the info i will check these things this weekend. I hope it runs as long as the poulan 245a and the 031 woodstacker:)

Latest posts

Back