Boiler Pressure and Temp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to look into this mode of operation. To me, this sounds like an energy waste. Using fuel to heat water only to cool it back down. I'm sure there is sound thinking behind it. just have to understand it. Why would you not just produce the water temperature that was required?

That is how you produce the temperature required. There is no wasted heat, it's not like it's being sent outdoors. If your floor only needs 100° water, how else are you going to supply it with that? Boilers can't function that low.

So you're heating the water then cooling with cold water to lower the temperature if there is less demand?

Just short of 1000 gals. Heat it top to bottom @ 185'. That is alot of stored heat. How many gals. are in your system?
The "cold" water that is constantly being mixed with the heated supply water, is what ever was not extracted from my emmiters.

So, if I only need 100' water to supply demand "heat load" and my emmiters are returning @ 80's, I'm only mixing enough 185' water to gain 20's.

It might be easier to think of it as, only injecting enough "hot" water to meet demand "heat load".

I consider my 1000 gallons of thermal storage up to temp when it all hits about 80C. At that temp my system pressure hits 1 bar (14.7psi)
The boiler will go to a maximum of 88C where it goes into overheat mode - shutting off the inducer fan but keeping circulator running. The inducer fan will restart when temps drop to 85C. boiler install overview.jpeg

Attachments

• boilerplumbingbatterybackup.jpeg
    boilerplumbingbatterybackup.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Back