bombardier hydraulics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawson's tree s

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just got a bombardier and the forestry dept had a aux 60 gpm pump etc installed on the back of it i was wonderin g if i could have a splitter with a 8 way wedge on it how good would it work or would i have to reduce the pump ?

Pics..

We need pics.. And you can do anything you want.. Damm it will be fast at 60gpm..Might be able to just let the engine idle..

Let's see here (omg)

60 gallon per minute means 1 gallon per second.
My splitter cylinder holds 2 gallons of oil. That means 2 seconds extend, and less than that on retract.

I don't think you could shove 2 gallons of oil thru 3/4 fittings without some serious pressure drop. Oh, and let's see the engine to drive it! :popcorn:

Anything is possible, but is it practical? :dizzy:

-Pat

power needed

A single stage pump at rated output of 60 GPM and at 1500 PSI would need about 60 horse power, and 60 GPM at 3000 PSI about 120 horse power!!! Is it a two stage pump? and how much HP does the engine have to start with. Sounds like you could make it work if you could keep the fuel in it, would be very fast if reved up. A 16 GPM 2 stage pump on an old 403 cc 10 HP. Honda runs at a fast idle, set relief at 3000 PSI and a 4.5 inch cylinder runs real cheap. If I need more speed go to half speed and you need two people to keep up to it.

it is a aux hydraulic set up the forestry dept put on the back of the machine. the machine runs off a 4 cyl perkins diesel. i will take pictures of the set up as soon as it quits snowing here.

I want it

Talk about the ultimate cool toy.. trail buggy from hell.. From the size of the hoses it has a serious pump on there..

Your pictures show the hyd motor on the winch, but not the pump. I wonder if it doesn't have a hydrostatic pump, which might be hard to set up as an open loop splitter pump. It there is a second pump in there, you might be able to use it. But it's likely that it's mounted to the back of the hydrostat, and isn't useable by itself.
Can you get a picture of the pump?

Don the Hydraulics Guy

it looks like the controls may be in the cab for some sort of attachment are there any levers in the cab? I would buy a gage and two quick connects and see how much PSI she is pushing. I would try to get some numbers off the pump as well. It looks heavy duty to me the hoses are pretty big.

Latest posts

Back