Bookerdog's PNW Freedom Fest Chainsaw Rally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need help from the Canadians!

One of my roommates last night was talking about her lost BBQ recipe-- from the back of the Crown Syrup label (corn syrup???)... anyway, if anyone (1) has a label with the BBQ recipe on it, and is willing to pass it on, PLEASE DO!!! or (2) if anyone can buy a bottle, that has the recipe on it, bring it along & i'll gladly pay you for it at Bookerdogs!!!

(anyone not coming but who can help, please PM me!!!)

this will make me points with a roommate who wants me out of the house!!!

Well, this one has Saturday on it. The weather report for here says sunny on Saturday but not for there. I typed in Hood River and got this.

Today: A 20 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 70. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west between 17 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.

Tonight: A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 50. West wind between 10 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Monday: A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. West wind between 13 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Monday Night: A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 16 mph increasing to between 22 and 25 mph. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.

Tuesday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 52. Breezy, with a west wind 22 to 25 mph decreasing to between 8 and 11 mph. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tuesday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 37.

Wednesday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.

Wednesday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 62.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Friday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

Click Map for Forecast

Lat/Lon: 45.71 -121.51 Elevation: 200 ft

Observation Not Available or Not Current

°F
(°C) Humidity: %
Wind Speed:

Barometer: in ( mb)
Dewpoint: °F (°C)
Wind Chill: °F (°C)
Visibility: Miles
Other Local Obs 3 Day History

In PNW speak, what's the difference between rain and showers? :)

Ian

We get so much rain the weatherman looks for ways to make it sound like something different.
Can you imagine a weather report that just said
Monday - Rain
Tuesday - Rain
Wednesday - Rain
Etc.:dizzy: :dizzy:
Of course we do have rain and then there are showers. They should include "deluge" in there too. That is when the wipers are on the fastest setting and you still can't see.

showers are what you in Kentucky might call "rain"
rain is what you in Kentucky might call A normal day.

You see, it always "rains" here. It is more note worthy to say that it is going to REALLY rain IE showers. OR to say that there will be no precip. at all.

Two sweetest gigs in meteorology are weatherman in San Diego, 75 and sunny. And weatherman in PNW, 55 and rain. You got to fluff it some how.

One of my roommates last night was talking about her lost BBQ recipe-- from the back of the Crown Syrup label (corn syrup???)... anyway, if anyone (1) has a label with the BBQ recipe on it, and is willing to pass it on, PLEASE DO!!! or (2) if anyone can buy a bottle, that has the recipe on it, bring it along & i'll gladly pay you for it at Bookerdogs!!!

(anyone not coming but who can help, please PM me!!!)

this will make me points with a roommate who wants me out of the house!!!

3/4 cup Karo corn syrup
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup worchester sauce or soy sauce
1/4 prepared mustard
2tsp ground ginger

Combine ingredients. When barbequing or broiling meats or poultry brush frequently with sauce during final 5-10 minutes.
Makes 1 1/2 cups. Keep handy in the fridge.

This is from the Karo corn syrup.

Here is the Crown one from their web site.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Makes 2 Cups (500 mL)

1/2 cup (125 mL) CROWN LILY WHITE®, Golden
or BEEHIVE® Corn Syrup
1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
1/2 cup (125 mL) ketchup
1/4 cup (50 mL) cider vinegar
1/4 cup (50 mL) prepared mustard
1/4 cup (50 mL) Worcestershire sauce

Directions

In 1 1/2-liter saucepan combine corn syrup, onion, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stirring frequently, bring to boil.

Reduce heat; boil gently 15 minutes or until thickened.

Brush on chicken, ribs or beef, turning frequently, during last 15 to
20 minutes of grilling. Heat remaining sauce to serve with meat.

Last edited:
That Bottom one (Crown) is close to mine,,,, but its missing a few key ingredients,,,,

like,,, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar!!!! instead of so much corn syrup,,,, and a little dark beer after it is reduced down a few times!!!!!

Not to worry fellas... I'm bringing 25lbs of BBQ sauce with me. I just called the airline to clear up what the weight allowance for checked baggage is and figured out that I need to repack the sauce into it's own checked box to avoid going overweight. The funny and convenient thing is the rules are changing during my trip. I'm allowed 2 pieces of checked baggage flying out but only one coming back. Works out great.

Ian

We don't always put on rain gear for showers. The kind from the sky I mean.
There might be a chance that a sucker hole will appear and make your clothes dry a bit so you are merely damp before the next shower hits. Now rain, that gets serious and there will be no dampening of clothes. Just wet.

Now I need to go take a shower. I tackled the shin high grass out at the money pit. It took a bit of persuasion to get the mower to cut it. I had to do some delicate adjustments with a hammer.

Well should of had it this weekend. Sat 65 no wind sunny Today 69 slight overcast no wind. Beautiful days.

No, but they can probably walk....hehehehehe. How's the knee, crip? And don't make me sorry I asked by going into excruciating detail. Pun intended.

Sore, but I am starting to get around better............

Back