Booneville?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody goin to the logger / arborist show this weekend up in Booneville or Boonetown? I think its a bit above Utica, NY.

I plan on being their by high noon i didn't get my t-shirt in time .
hope to meet all of ya ..........

Yahoo driving directions say the trip is 211 miles and should take 3 1/2 hours. I'm 2 minutes from the Newburgh/Beacon bridge if you want to ride with me....long ride by yourself! I want to leave my house at 5:00am. Where in Westchester are you?

I am in Northern Westchester. The exit for Mahopac / Jefferson Valley on the TSP is about 5 - 10 minutes from here. How long do you want to stay up there for?

I don't think I'd stay any later than 5:00pm. Maybe not that late even, I'd like to be home by 9:00 at the latest so I'm not dead at work on monday. We'll take my car from here, gets good mileage on the highway and it's comfortable. Call me on my cell, 914-464-8896...always on.

sounds like its warm there boys...talked to Chris Cirocca on his cell yesterday while he was wandering about the place and he said it was about 95....I think winter is here today...d@mn its cold and windy...Canadian Geese are heading out and the Turkey Vultures just showed up....

I was at the field days on Saturday and it was hotter than heck. Supposed to get some t-storms later in the day on Sunday, hopefully it'll cool it off some.

Sitting in the grandstands (baking in the sun) a drizzle starts, very refreshing, turns to raining like h&ll everyone seeks shelter, rain lasts 5 minutes. I "test drove" a few saws in the 50cc class, Dolmar PS540, Jonsered 2149, and a Husqvarna 351. Of the three I liked the 351 best, yes I think it's a bit more snotty than my 026. But not enough to make me switch (I have too many bars/chains/spare parts etc. to justify the expense). The guy at the Jonsered tent said something interesting when I asked him the price of the 2149. He said they (jonsered) were having a "Bag it or drag it" sale into the fall. Any complete chainsaw was worth $100.00 dollars as a trade-in, brings a 2149 down to $339.00 suggested retail.

Just got back from boonville wow was it ever hot. Don't remember it ever that hot.
Stihltech were you there around the stihl reps trailer on sun? If so I talked to you about a drive sprocket

Any of you guys who watched the show on Sunday.. The first log roll team was me and my partner in crime Jason. Of course I'm the wider of the two. It was a good time but I need to get use to the big wood. That was the hard part for me.

Later,
Chris CICORA

At Boonville they got it right for my honey but for me...only 3 times did they say it right:eek:

Last edited:
Hey Sedanman, was the $100.00 trade-in only being offered by that particular dealer, or is it a Jonsered promotional type thing being offered by all dealers?

Jeff

Yukon 659, They guy I talked to was a Jonsered rep, he directed several people to "See your local dealer" while I was in his presence, leads me to believe he's not a dealer. The tent where this took place was an info/demo only deal no saw sales.

Stihlman036, I was in the stands up to the hotsaw, chuckled at the announcers difficulty with your last name, I didn't know it until today otherwise would have introduced myself. Once you know me I'm hard to miss even in a crowd. I demo'd several saws with no chaps because none on hand would make it around 52" waist 56" chest, I wanna try some chopping events but no springboard, 330 pounds on that little board is scary. A friend of mine navigates a rally car, one of the drivers is named Celkuk Caramongalo you should hear the p/a guys hack that up...it's pronounced Sell-kook Car-a-mon-ga-lu.

Well to let you know I was fitted for a tux on Saturday and here is what the guy said in Utica.....Dammm

19.5 neck don't get pumped we can only roll the sleves so short!
Chest 50... seems good I said Hand me the 56... oops tight in the arms no drinks for me.
42" waist to fit my 30+" thighs
I come up to the guys shoulder (he is stacked) looks at me and says he's 285 I inform him I've droped 15lbs to 265:D

Hopefully I'll be on the diving board with axe in hand next year.

I was also the guy on stand B in the first heat of hotsaw that had the 20 second time.... (KD is going to help me out with the carb problem)

Later,
Chris

Back