Boot poll: Lace-to-toe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots: Lace-to-toe, or not?

• Lace-to-toe

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Not

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Torquey Todd

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know AS folks' preference for boot lacedness, for any boots.

Do you prefer lace-to-toe, or not?

I understand that lace-to-toe usually costs more, and that sometimes it's mutually exclusive with hard toe for some brands, and that there are plenty of other accompanying details to the question. But I'd just like to know what people prefer, and if you feel like saying so, why.

PC021930.jpg

Lace to toe for calks. They have to fit right or life becomes most unpleasant.

Last edited:
The Kuliens don't come in lace to toe. I'm sure they would if one paid more. I've had both. Both are fine because it is how the boot fits, not how it laces.

Her Kuliens are size 000 narrow. Barbie dolls have bigger feet. Dern fine boots though.

My feet are flipper shaped and too wide for lace to toe boots. What matters is how yours fit. I have both Whites and Wesco boots. Most are custom made for my foot.

The Kuliens don't come in lace to toe. I'm sure they would if one paid more. I've had both. Both are fine because it is how the boot fits, not how it laces.

Huh, "The Kuliens" -- the article is for reverence? I've only had The White's and The La Sportivas. The La Sportivas are The El Jefes.

Lace-to-toe lets a toe box fit my foot after leather stretches. Toe boxes on boots without laces over the toe just get looser as boot age increases until rebuild.

I've had both but prefer lace-to-toe for this reason. I can see how someone who doesn't like a tight fit wouldn't care for lace-to-toe. It's true that they can fit just the same when new, but you can't say that lacedness doesn't matter to fit.

I didn't realize preventing toe cap application was a reason to prefer non-LTT boots.

smurf feet, smurf feet, smurf feet...according to Columbia's fallers, anyway.

My middle finger wants to come up.....can't control it.....must control it....damn, there it goes!

When one has non-manly feet, one cannot simply go in and buy a pair of say, Carolinas:msp_sneaky: off the shelf.

I've probably set off another controversy...oh dear!

Last edited:
My middle finger wants to come up.....can't control it.....must control it....damn, there it goes!

When one has non-manly feet, one cannot simply go in and buy a pair of say, Carolinas:msp_sneaky: off the shelf.

I've probably set off another controversy...oh dear!

Uh oh...does this mean I'm off the cookie list? Again?

Hey, your feet might be small but at least they're the same size. I never had a pair of boots that fit worth a darn until I had Wesco build me a pair years ago with their fancy home measurement thingy. I thought I'd just spend the rest of my life with three sox on one foot and one on the other. And blisters.
Custom boots are spendy...but they're worth it.

Uh oh...does this mean I'm off the cookie list? Again?

Hey, your feet might be small but at least they're the same size. I never had a pair of boots that fit worth a darn until I had Wesco build me a pair years ago with their fancy home measurement thingy. I thought I'd just spend the rest of my life with three sox on one foot and one on the other. And blisters.
Custom boots are spendy...but they're worth it.

Um, no. The Kuliens are or my former pairs were a half size different. I assume the latest pair follows that sizing.

I like lace to toe.
It's good to know I'm not the only one with different size feet.
My Dad had polio when he was a kid, his right foot was a size 6, his left foot was an 11 1/2 E. That was a man who appreciated a pair of custom boots. :laugh:

Andy

I like lace to toe.
It's good to know I'm not the only one with different size feet.
My Dad had polio when he was a kid, his right foot was a size 6, his left foot was an 11 1/2 E. That was a man who appreciated a pair of custom boots. :laugh:

Andy

I had a Podiatrist tell me that most people have different size feet but the difference is usually less than a half size and people don't really notice. Mine is a full size difference and even that isn't too bad...extra sox usually take care of it...but one pair of custom made boots and I was spoiled for life.

Your Dad must have paid a mint for his boots.

Latest posts

Back