Steel toe boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys even allowed to wear non union made boots or what? I know you wouldn't but just wondering if its even an option?
Guys wear what ever they want, but most of us, out of choice lean towards made in America, union made stuff. It keeps our money in the country and in the hands of middle class Americans, which by the way is slowly dying.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451653142.192336.jpg

Thorogood

U.S. Made

These are the composite toe, Waterproof version. You can speed lace these.

You're Welcome.

http://www.theunionbootpro.com
I prefer composite, just as safe as steel but lighter and more comfortable.
Great boots , back when I worked in a heavy machining shop I wore a pair and loved their quality and durability.

The shop I work out now pushes us to use our shoe allowance at local Redwing distributors..damn near everything in the store says "Made in ROC " and the dropping quality reflects that. I'm currently wearing the last pair of Redwings I'll every own.

Great boots , back when I worked in a heavy machining shop I wore a pair and loved their quality and durability.

The shop I work out now pushes us to use our shoe allowance at local Redwing distributors..damn near everything in the store says "Made in ROC " and the dropping quality reflects that. I'm currently wearing the last pair of Redwings I'll every own.
I use to wear Carolina's because they were made here, the last pair I got , made in china. I think some are still made here but you have to search.

I mean in general. I don't believe the OP stressed chainsaw proof boots.
No he stressed waterproof boots for working with chainsaws... He might of not realized they even had chainsaw safety boots as he mentioned he's never worn steel toe... They should be considered, after all the rubber ones are about as waterproof as it gets...

Guys wear what ever they want, but most of us, out of choice lean towards made in America, union made stuff. It keeps our money in the country and in the hands of middle class Americans, which by the way is slowly dying.
I do too, just not union... cant even remember when I last wore boots that weren't made here...ive been getting the same boots now for 15 years
I walk in to the boot store, tell em what I want, I don't even have to try them on, they're the same every time:clap:

. . .damn near everything in the store says "Made in ROC " . . . . I'm currently wearing the last pair of Redwings I'll every own.
Red Wing is just a few miles south of here. They still make boots here in the USA, and they make boots overseas. The less expensive products come from overseas. Sometimes they use different names for these product lines, but they will tell you if you ask where each boot is made, and can direct you to Made in the USA products if you ask.

Philbert

Boots / feet are about as personal as it gets. Nobody is the same as the the next guy. I'm still suffering the effects of smashing the big toe on my left foot several years ago. Cutting one of my feet with a saw is a secondary concern to smashing one or all of my toes. I've had good luck with Belleville military steel toe boots. They wear better than anything I've ever owned and are comfortable. Made in the USA, Desert tan or sage green, summer or winter varieties, and they can be found for cheap on ebay.

i use bates tactical boots. front lace up with side zipper, available with steel toe and waterproofing.

unfortunately i didn't have steel toe when i dropped my axe. but i still have my toes...:laugh: and a pair of air conditioned boots.

...I've had good luck with Belleville military steel toe boots. They wear better than anything I've ever owned and are comfortable. Made in the USA, Desert tan or sage green, summer or winter varieties, and they can be found for cheap on ebay.

i use bates tactical boots. front lace up with side zipper, available with steel toe and waterproofing...

Thanks for tip on Belleville, I found some hot weather steel toe boots (I am in deep south and most of the time do not need cold weather boots) and am THRILLED to find a side zipper feature allowing easy on/off. That looks awesome. I got them for $142 shipped, so that is appealing, as well.

The Bates is even less expensive, has side zipper but is not a hot weather boot. The Belleville is safety rated for F2412-11 and F2413-111 but the Bates shows to be only rated for the latter. I guess I am going to go with the Belleville because I will not be using these boots in the cold very much, and maybe the Belleville dual safety ratings mean something.

Very pleased to find boots like this, thanks.

8614_b_web_g.jpg

Chainsaw footwear .
http://www.haixusa.com/forestry/
http://www.royer.com/Products/Specialized/30/87/details.aspx
Waterproof chainsaw boots .
http://www.vikingwear.com/index.php/products/boots/forestry/class-3-chainsaw.html

There are others as well .

I am an engineer for a gas distribution utility and I am required to wear steel toe boos to work. I work with the gas mechanics hand in hand everyday who spend their life in the "trenches". Boots are pretty much the most important thing to them. Not a single one of them has the same boot. It's just like if I went in the parking lot and looked at their trucks. Each one has an opinion of why theirs is better.

I use to buy the $100 throw away boots and they lasted me a year. They were more hiking boot like but we're leaking and about in pieces when I threw them away. Truthfully during my work hours is my boots vacation time it's when I get home that they get their workout. I wear them day in and day out. A pair of sneakers will last me 8-10 years probably.

Last year I decided I'd spend a little more money and see if I could get a boot to last. I was not going to spend more than $200. The last guy I work with who came in with a pair of boots was cost $350. That's just not practical for my needs.

I decided my boots had to have a nmt (non metalic toe) this will keep your foot a little warmer in the winter time. Had to have goretex water proofing and a vibram lug sole. I ended up with a pair of danner quarry 6".

I love them. They are 1 year old right now and should last at least another year. They do not leak and the sole still has lots of life. I would buy another pair without hesitation. A lot of people love keen but the water proofing didn't last 3 months and the sole wore real quick.

My throw aways were comfortable out of the box unlike my Danners but the break in was worth it. I haven't had another brand of real work boots. My FIL recomended danner and that's why I gave them a try.

I couldn't do the logger style boot as it was just too much of a heel for me but that style is pretty popular at work. Good luck!

+1. I had a pair of Redwing boots for years. The sole wore out so I went back to Redwing for another pair. They told me that they could be rebuilt. I brought them back and they aid it would be a couple weeks because they needed to be sent back to MN. After 3+ weeks I got a call. The soles were too far gone to be rebuilt. I still don't undersatnd this because they said they could be replaced.

After a lot of web brousing I bought a pair of Danner 8" Quarry boots. The soles are stiched on so they can be replaced. The build quality is so much better than the Redwings. They were very stiff out of the box but are loosing up with wearing them. I am very happy with them and look forward to a long service life.

Danner ran a sale over Thanksgiving weekend. That's when I bought the boots.

Great post but why am I quoted in your short novel!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some Caroline steel toe logging boots, they lace up a little higher on your ankle than most boots, and have kinda a high heel. I'm having serious leg pain from these.. but not when I'm wearing them, but when I take them off and walk around with no shoes or normal shoes.. It seems like my leg muscles adjusted to the position my legs are in when wearing them all day and most of the evening for 3 years... I'm throwing them out and getting some with a lower heel. Timberland makes all different styles and look pretty comfortable.
Hmmmm. I have Carolina Loggers - model # 1821, and no pain or discomfort with them. They are as comfortable as the boots the Army issued to me back in 1986, that I then wore for over 20 years - YES, I have the same boots - though they have been re-soled a few times. I may get a couple pair of this boot without the steel toe - the 821 - if I decide to march Nijmegen any time soon. As an individual - that is 4 days at 50km (32 miles) each day, that is how good I feel in these boots.

I was gonna pull a funny by downloading a picture of a Carolina boot and photoshopping a stiletto heel onto it, but you know, now that I see them, I really don't need to:

CA9823-370x414_Profile.jpg

That picture comes straight from Carolina's own website; this particular boot is called "Men's 8” Steel Toe Waterproof Logger - CA9823." The website description sets this up as exactly the kind of straight-up work boot we're talking about here - steel toe, steel shank, waterproof, electrical hazard rated - but man, that heel makes it look like someone's idea of a fashion boot. I'd feel like Elton John walking around in those. I'm not surprised they're giving you trouble.

That tall-*** heel gave me another 3-4 months of being taller than my 16 year old son... but only with the boots on.

Back