Chinsaw boots - what do you wear?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wore Redwing for years till they discontinued the series of boots I wore. The last pair didn't last a year till the soles were shot.(not usa made. Junk!) Not worth $150.00 to send back for a referb. Tried a pair of thorogoods boots. Didn't care for them. May have been made in the usa but definatly not the quality id expect from a $300.00 boot. Thin leather, toe area was pretty small too. Got the wedge soles since I spend more time on concrete and blacktop with where I work now. Just didn't cut it. Under a year till they were falling apart.
Bought a set of Chippewas, so far so good. Like the waterproofing, composite toes don't make my feet freeze, 400g thinsulate. Nice vibram soles with good year welt construction. Had them about 8 months now and no signs of them falling apart like the last 2 pairs of boots. I did consider nicks boots, but they are just too costly. I can appreciate a quality boot, but they are just too expensive. My good Redwings I had for 10 years between 2 pairs, till they wouldn't resole them anymore. $400.00 boots. If I can buy a $250.00 boot and it lasts 3 years I'm father ahead in my mind.

Back